Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


On Not Sucking

Sunday, September 17, 2006
I am just going to have to break down and admit that I'm a good writer.

Jayne at Romance Junkies just gave me a 4.5 Blue Ribbon review:

NOT QUITE DEAD is one of those books that will keep your attention and a smile on your face. Sela Carsen shows an undeniable amount of skill as a writer, NOT QUITE DEAD is highly entertaining and uproarious to read. It is a pleasure to get the chance to read such a lighthearted book.

I had no idea I was uproarious. Chuckle-worthy, certainly, but uproarious? That's cool.

You know, I keep waiting for the one review that's going to kick my feet out from under me. I know it's still out there. After all, I did send Not Quite Dead out to Mrs. Giggles. I'm sure she'll knock me down a peg or two.

But how sick is it that I'm waiting for someone to tell me how much I suck? Is it just me? Am I that narcissistic? Passive aggressive? Pathetically needy?

I hope not, but I do this a lot. I tell myself that I'm not very good at something, even though I know I am. Maybe it's just protection. If no one expects much of me, then it's no surprise when I get slapped down. It's always much worse if people think I'm really good at something and I get knocked on my ass.

In other news, the move is upon us. The movers arrive Friday to begin packing us out. They're under the mistaken impression that it will only take 3 days. HAH!

That means that by next week, I'm not sure where my computer will be. I'll try to keep checking in, but it may be sporadic.

Tomorrow's Monday Meandering will be on Vision: Highly Overrated.
9/17/2006 06:41:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

We're all that way. We're just afraid to believe that things can STAY good. LOL I think it's nto just writers either. I think everyone gets that way. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

By Blogger Sasha White, at 7:35 PM  

Thank God it's not just me, then. I thought I was getting a little too psychologically attached to the Diva thing. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 7:40 PM  

Hey, congrats on the good review! You're very brave, sending your stuff to Mrs. Giggles.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 PM  

"Ah, Ji-Ji!
You are like a flame!"

Giovanny Obscurantus

By Blogger ivan, at 3:26 AM  

Jorrie, I'm not sure if it was brave or stupid yet. We'll see what she says.

Thanks Anna. Just me being paranoid again.

Ivan, you're beginning to sound suspiciously like Louis Jourdan. "Ah, Gigi!"

Thanks for the understanding, Emma. The bad review will give me room to hedge my bets!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 1:02 PM  

Thanks Sela.
It was Gi giindeed.

I guess you can tell by mildly rednecky tone of my blogs that I don't break out into "How are Things in Glocca Mora" all that often.
LOL

By Blogger ivan, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich