Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Flyers

Wednesday, August 30, 2006



Hope this works. This is a flyer I made up so I can give it to my friends. I've discovered that some of them find what I do interesting! Which is kinda cool. When you're slogging through yet another crap scene (I wrote today and it stunk -- I'm just sticking notes in for scenes to develop) the writing gig doesn't feel so nifty.

But one of my buddies is coming down to visit this weekend and I figured I'd give her something to take back to her friends. E-publishing is such a small market. So insular. We know about it because we're in the thick of it. But Jane Doe, who browses the racks at B&N, may have heard about it, but it's not real to her. It's not right in front of her. Or she may just not be net savvy and not even know to look for it.

My mom wants some for her friends, too. There's a huge untapped market out there of people who don't even know e-publishing exists! The trick is trying to crack it. Make people aware.

I finally put together my press packet for the local newspaper. It occurred to me to send it to the newspaper back in mom's town. And to call up the book clubs at the local military bases.

We were having a discussion on the Samhain Author's loop this week about how e-publishing blends with military life since a startling percentage of us have immediate connections to the military. Someone brought up the point that e-books make all the moves easier, as well as providing a source for books that isn't always available at a new station. I know in England it was really hard to buy romance novels unless I went to the bookstore on base.

And it occurred to me that I have a built-in audience for marketing! If I can get just a few wives interested in buying e-books, then wherever they go, they'll be telling other wives about them.

So it looks like I'm planning another branch of my marketing/publicity strategy as I go.
8/30/2006 04:44:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 8 Comments

8 Comments:

Great flyer and really good idea about tapping into the military wife market.

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 9:04 PM  

Well, the blurb is right in the groove. Certainly not grave.

You know, you genre chicks are getting me excited. I do have a general fiction book online, "The Fire in Bradford."
Unfortunately, no one is stiff
in the book but the hero, who has a permanent biggie-on for his heroine, hence "The Fire in Bradford", the fire in the hero's pants.
Hmm. I used to be in the Royal Canadin Air force. Radar.
...Sure could use some these days.

By Blogger ivan, at 9:51 PM  

Great idea, Sela! I like the flyer, too. It's great to see someone go through all this so when my time comes I can steal your ideas. ;)

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 9:57 PM  

It's a thieve's market, JayeW. I'm just stealing ideas from someone else!

LOL at the Fire in Bradford, Ivan.

I can't believe I didn't think of hitting up other spouses before, VJaye.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:31 PM  

You're so marketing savvy. Good job!!

By Blogger April, at 1:57 AM  

That's such a smart move, Sela. Yay you!

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 2:55 AM  

Yes. Ideal.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:26 AM  

Go you and your marketing badness!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich