Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Quiet

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
It's very quiet in my house. The kids are at school. The news is switched off. There's not even the faraway swish of the dishwasher or washing machine.

There's no one here.

I hardly know what to do with myself.

I should write. I should blog. I should surf. I should probably vacuum, too, but that's not going to happen.

It's like stolen time and I want to make the very, very most of it. So I'm spending it talking to you, my friends.

Because each one of you is precious to me. This odd little community where we talk and hug and laugh from thousands of miles away means so much. If or when we ever meet in person, I imagine it'll be like coffee with old friends. (Oh all right. Tea, if you must. See? I even know which of you prefers tea to coffee.) Just chatting. Laughing. Screaming and moaning about character or narrative or query letters or rejections. Writer talk. People talk.

But until that day, I come to my blog and I talk with my fingers. Even the times when I can't talk, when too much is happening for me to be able to sit down with y'all, it's ok. I know, like really good friends, that you're still here. That we can pick up where we left off. Even when one of us has to spend a little time away unintentionally, that's ok, too. We'll keep a fresh pot ready for you.
9/13/2006 07:38:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

Know what you mean. It's a life line of sorts.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:47 AM  

I do not know what I would do without my online friends.

And scarily, when I don't correspond with them, I get more upset than when I don't talk to my RL friends.

I feel the same way.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 8:59 AM  

Eva, online friends understand the Cave. RL friends don't.

Bernita, it is definitely a life line. It makes this solitary work more bearable.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:04 AM  

I had a chance to meet blog friends for the first time this summer, and will again in a few weeks.

Everyone was pretty much as I expected them to be, and it was very easy to chat and hang out - I felt right at home with them.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 10:38 AM  

Great post, Sela!

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 8:18 PM  

Sela, that was very sweet, very well spoken.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 AM  

Nice post. But my quesion is: Why the hell are you out of bed? Go take a nap!

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 8:57 AM  

(((Sela)))

By Blogger Nell Dixon, at 1:29 PM  

Sandra, that's how I felt at RWA! Once I put the right names to faces, it was like walking into a party where I actually KNEW everyone for a change!

Thanks, Jaye and Raine. I hope I can meet y'all someday!

JayeW, would that I could! Yesterday I got to chaperone the 4th grade field trip to an outdoor museum. Did anyone tell me it was outdoors? No. Did I wear heels? Yes. But thank goodness I listened to the inner voice that told me not to wear spikes.

Thanks Nell. Feeling better?

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich