Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Me Cave Woman

Friday, September 08, 2006
Ungh.

Actually, this Cave thing is pretty darned effective. I got a little more accomplished on River Bear, I polished a Woman's World entry that I'd forgotten I had (still need to write the query letter for it), and I went back and re-read Daughter of Privilege. The original scene which I had written months ago.

Turn out that it's 41 pages of sex. Who knew? I remember when I wrote it that I was surprised I could write like that. It's not all bump and grind, though. It's the dance that goes on before, during, and after. And I was pleased with what I'd written. There's voice there. And it's the one Kate Duffy wants to see from that query contest, so I'd better get my butt in gear.

In other news, I was able to put a rejected WW short, Dublin Dreaming, into a Free Read slot with Coffee Time Romance. It'll go live October 1 with a few others under the PG rated section. It's terribly sweet. :)

Also, I'm shameless. I pimped my book at the neighborhood women's meeting last night. Had flyers out and my business cards. Read my blurb. Told them the basics of how to buy an e-book. We'll see how it goes.
9/08/2006 07:56:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

"pimping?"
You've a good product.
Why not advertise?
No one camplains about Tupperwear parties do they?

By Blogger Bernita, at 10:50 AM  

Hey, pimping your book is a great idea! Good luck! :)

By Blogger Emma Sanders, at 8:56 PM  

Actually, I just find the word "pimp" amusing. It's not the sort of word people usually expect me to say.

You should have seen dh at RWA when I mentioned to a group of friends that I was a "series slut." He turned around and said, "You need to not say that anymore."

Yes, dear.;)

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich