Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Life is Pretty Darned Cool

Sunday, September 10, 2006
First off, dd had her first sleepover last night with 3 other girls. That's about the highest decibel level I can stand. Stunning how much noise a group of 9yo girls can make.

Second, I got another great review from Once Upon A Romance. Janet gave it an overall score of 4.5.

Not Quite Dead is an amusing and quirky read. I liked the character of Sabine. She acts exactly like any smart, modern woman would do when confronted by pleasant enough, thinking, feeling people who are actually dead. She is cool, calm and cooking muffins. Willem, the not quite dead person of the title, is someone you can easily feel compassion for. Here he is seeking vengeance, knowing his time is limited, yet he is falling in love with someone who can never be his. That edge of desperation keeps the plot ticking along.

As a book, it’s all happening in Not Quite Dead. There are dead people who are brought back to seek vengeance, have questions answered, whilst chasing vampires and finding romance on the side. How dead is dead? Is there the possibility of a reprieve? I momentarily questioned the whole sanity of a romance between Sabine and Willem. But then I thought, when has love ever made sense? It just happens and you have to go with it. And, I had to admit I wanted the strangely matched pair to be together. And, like all good love stories, nothing is easy. Anyway, what is weird anymore? When you read the book, you’ll understand what I mean.

If you want a book that makes you smile, believe in the possibilities of love or think why not – then you will enjoy reading this book.


I like being amusing and quirky. I really do. *gg*

Third, I got my very first fan mail today!!! It was a lovely letter and she said that she found me from an interview I did. I'm the Romance Divas SPOTLIGHT DIVA this month, which is way cool. It was a really fun interview and now I'm extra pleased with how it turned out!

Fourth, I think this is the week I'm going to commit to doing a lot of work on my website. I need to do some studying and reading first, but I want to make it more vibrant. Maybe even amusing and quirky, eh? And it desperately needs some updates.

And that's all that's happening in the world of Sela.

Oh wait, I also wrote 5 pages yesterday on Daughter of Privilege. I really do need to get that story done and out the door.
9/10/2006 01:37:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 17 Comments

17 Comments:

Congratulations on your great review and the fan mail! Awesome, feel-good feeling! :))

By Blogger Emma Sanders, at 5:07 PM  

Hooray! You rule!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 AM  

Let me add my congratulations at all the wonderful news and happening events, Sela. And, after that review, I have to get around to reading 'Not Quite Dead'. Bad girl. lol!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

Thanks everyone! It's one of my favorite reviews so far, Emma.

LOL Julie! Thanks for the cheer!

And yes, Alexandra, you DO have to get around to reading it! After all, I am amusing and quirky. Can't beat that with a stick. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 12:03 PM  

YA!! Another great review! And isn't that fan mail a great thing? Congrats!!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 12:13 PM  

Congrats on the review and fan mail!!

By Blogger April, at 1:51 PM  

So happy for you and your review! All the best and I look forward to reading about what's to come.

By Blogger Heather, at 1:51 PM  

Hey, I read that review on the site earlier! It's well-deserved, chica. Congrats!!

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 6:09 PM  

Congrats on the great review, hon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 AM  

Congrats, again! So glad things are going well for you.

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 8:44 AM  

Not all grave.

By Blogger ivan, at 8:58 AM  

Sasha, I'm still dead chuffed over that fan mail thing.

April, thanks! How's it going with you?

H.E., thank you so much! I'm looking forward whatever happens next, too!

Jaye, thanks, babe! I was amazed when I saw it. It's my favorite review so far. Janet did a great job!

Raine, thank you! Hugs on the Giggles thing. I sent her NQD. I'm waiting to be shredded.

JayeW, so far, so good. Thanks!

Ivan, hmph. I reserve the right to be grumpy when the mood strikes. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:18 AM  

"A book that makes you smile..."
Doesn't get much better.

By Blogger Bernita, at 9:38 AM  

You're right, Bernita. It really doesn't get much better. :)

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:50 AM  

Oh Sela - late to the party, but you know why. Congratulations! I'm raising a virtual pint in your honour - great review, nice to get some fan mail... nice to just see your work being enjoyed! Awesome!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 8:56 PM  

What a great review!

You should print them out and stick them somewhere.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 8:56 AM  

I did. Then I wondered if that was really silly. Then I decided I didn't care if it was. These words of praise are like manna from heaven.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich