Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Moving to St Louis!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006
I know. It doesn't sound nearly as exciting as ... well, as just about anywhere. To some people, it probably sounds like the armpit of hell. But it isn't. I've already lived in the armpit of hell and it's in central Louisiana.

We'll be in transit for quite a while until a suitable house is found on the other end, so after this week, I'll be blogging on an irregular basis. It depends entirely on where we go in the meantime.

Unfortunately, we can't just drive out there next week and wing it until things settle. The children will be much better off for staying here, in their familiar school, until we have an address to go to. Surprise, surprise, however. I can actually put my hands on their vaccination records and birth certificates. You see, when we moved here, I had to go scrounging and scrambling for copies because I'd very cleverly put the originals "somewhere safe." They were safe all right. I couldn't find them to save my life. Somehow, they turned up about a year ago, so I've told dh where they are. If he knows, then we're safe.

In any case, lots to do today and very little of it involves writing.

Ciao!
9/19/2006 10:00:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 8 Comments

8 Comments:

Wow - big move. Hope things work out better than you could even imagine on the other end and you find a house that meets all your needs quickly!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 11:35 AM  

Best of luck with the move, Sela!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

Glad you've finally settled on a destination (I take it, ds has accepted a job offer?!). Good luck with the move, hon.

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 5:53 PM  

Good luck with the move! I hate it that we didn't ever get together despite living 20 minutes from each other :-).

By Blogger April, at 1:11 AM  

Exciting and stressful.
Good hunting.

By Blogger Bernita, at 6:53 AM  

Hi Sela,

I came over here via Ivan. I just read your recent blog post, and you sound a lot like me. :-) Irregular blogging is my specialty. (g)

By Blogger Shesawriter, at 12:29 AM  

Thanks for the hugs everyone. I need 'em!!

Welcome to my blog, shesawriter! I'm afraid it's going to get even MORE irregular before it gets better again. *gg*

April, I'm still going to be in town for the next few weeeks, just not here at home. I'll e-mail you!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:01 AM  

Oh, um, dh DID get a job. He's going to be in sales, apparently. This is me, being supportive. Strangely, it looks incredibly similar to me, being scared out of my mind.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich