Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


More promo links

Sunday, April 09, 2006
So, I'm over at my buddy Jaye's blog and she's got some interesting links.

The first one I hit took me to Alison Kent's blog. She's got a really nifty idea she calls the Viral Marketing Blitz. It boils down to this catch phrase -- Buy One, Blog One, Get One Free.

Someone buys/borrows/begs/steals (btw, I'm paraphrasing/quoting her blog, but you need to click the link to get the whole schlemiel) her current book, blogs about it, then they e-mail her to tell her they did it, and she gives them a copy of her next book. And so on, and so on, and so on. Starting to sound like a Prell commercial here. Anyway, the entire idea is to build readership. All they have to do is buy one book, they get one free and they've begun to build a reading relationship with this author. Which totally works if you have one work coming out after another. Which I don't yet, but I still think it's a great idea.

She also links to Lee Goldberg and thence to Joe Konrath, who are on differing sides of the How Much Can You Really Afford to Promote debate.

And I have a question about banner ads.

Do those really work? Seriously. Do you have any idea if posting your cover over at Romance Junkies or CoffeeTime or any of those places brings in more readers?

In addition, a few days ago, Romancing the Blog had a list of webdesigners to check out. Don't forget to look in the Comments section for additional resources.

PS. I was surfing riemannia's blog and discovered an article Kate Rothwell wrote about promo. Largely for print, but it's interesting anyway.
4/09/2006 08:51:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

I will occasionally click on a banner if it's unique or well-designed. It has to catch my eye first.

One place to consider a banner/ad placement is Smart Bitches. You can probably find out their traffic and what kind of clicks their site gets, but the ad is cheap and they get some diverse traffic.

By Blogger Angela James, at 8:43 PM  

Way to make my head spin, Sela lol. Um, I'm ADD remember lol? Seriously, this is good stuff and I'm following the links now. ;)

By Blogger Loribelle Hunt, at 9:28 PM  

Just from the bit of feedback I got, banners don't seem to do much or be worth the effort. I'd definitely join TRS--it's 2.50 a month. And I think it's a good place as any for banners (Coffeetimes website is too messy for me!), plus they do the book a day giveaway and some festivals you can donate books too. I totally beleive in giving books away as something that's gonna pay off donw the line.

By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 8:34 PM  

I loe ALison's idea of getting readers to blog aboutheir stories. So uhmm Have you read THE PETSHANI yet?? *grin*

By Blogger Sasha White, at 3:39 PM  

It's good to know which sites are worth the money. Thanks, Angie.

Hope all the links helped, Lori!

I'm just glad you asked the questions, Cece! They helped point me in the right direction.

No! I've been baaaad. I was way more swamped than I thought I would be last week. By Wednesday, I promise! And I think Alison's idea is great.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:34 PM  

LOL No worries, Sela! I just couldn't resist commenting.

I love the new website by the way! It's very unique, and stylish!! Perfectly YOU!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich