Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The TBR pile

Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Contemporary Romance
Code of Honor by Catherine Mann
Better off Wed by Laura Durham
Key of Sea by Mary Stella
Undead and Unappreciated by Mary Janice Davidson
Wanting Something More by Kathy Love
Black Rose by Nora Roberts
Red Lily by Nora Roberts
In Your Wildest Dreams by Toni Blake
Cole Dempsey's Back in Town by Suzanne McMinn

Historical Romance
Bad Boys Ahoy by Sylvia Day
The Quiet Gentleman by Georgette Heyer
Lord of Sin by Madeline Hunter
One Kiss From You by Christina Dodd
Some Enchanted Evening by Christina Dodd
The Bride Ship by Deborah Hale

Romantic Suspense/Suspense
Minos by Marcos M. Villatoro
Fractured Souls by T.A. Ridgell
Origin in Death by J.D. Robb
Descent into Danger by Shannon Greenland

SF/F
The Faded Sun Trilogy by C.J. Cherryh
The Mammoth Book of Fantasy from Carrol and Graf Publishers, an imprint of Avalon
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
The First King of Shannara by Terry Brooks
The Bitten by L.A. Banks

Literary Fiction/YA/Nonfiction
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clark
Forest of the Pygmies by Isabel Allende
The Portable Dorothy Parker
1776 by David McCullough

Some of them are in funky categories, but hey. Do I look like a bookstore?

I think that's all of them. I'm not sure. The pile is just over 3 ft tall at 33.5 inches. I've had some of them for nearly a year and I haven't read them. I don't know where to start.

So -- what's in your TBR pile? No re-reads, only books you've never read before.
3/22/2006 10:41:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 12 Comments

12 Comments:

LOL, actually, doll, you kinda DO look like a bookstore, lol. But that's okay, so do I. I have to compile my list still. It's not going to be pretty. But I got my tacked down a bit. Probably only about half of yours. ;)

Not allowed to really read until I finish Damn Book--that's it new name, btw. :)

Smooches,
Dee

By Blogger Dee Tenorio, at 11:23 AM  

I couldn't possibly list them all. I have over 90 books on three shelves waiting to be read and I probably add to that pile at the rate of 5 - 10 a month.

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 12:09 PM  

Thank God I'm not the only one with insane piles like that.

I can't wait to read Wicked and I so want 1776. I have more beets on my pile. Beets- classics I should have read, but didn't but am trying to now. Like the Aenid. That's on my Beet pile. The Makers of Rome.

Oh, Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card came today! So did The Unaborted Socrates, by Peter Kreeft. But those are fun.

I have too many.

My girlfriend doesn't have a TV time being and she is polishing them off like crazy. But I don't watch TV, and have 7 kids and she has none, so I allow myself some grace there. lol

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 1:28 PM  

One of my favorite books is a collection of short stories by Dorothy Parker. That woman had genius. She's not comfortable, but she's amazing.
Also, "1776" is a good book. I loved it. I'm in the middle of re-reading "March Of Folly" by Barbara Tuchman. I actually read that stuff for enjoyment. I finished "A Distant Mirror" last month.
And yes I am bragging. Have you seen that book? It could injure someone just if they try to carry it!
Great TBR list. I wrote some of them down.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 4:38 PM  

~gasps~
You mean you haven't read ALL of Heyer already!
(Just teasing)

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:01 AM  

The incomplete list...these are just the books on my bedroom bookshelf. :P Some of its research stuff.

The Everything Dreams Book
Harry Potter HBP
Footsteps of the Cherokee
Write Away
First Draft in 30 Days
The Novel Writer's Toolkit
Staying Dead
My Heart is on the Ground
Urban Shaman
Memoirs of a Geisha
Jarhead
Moon Called
Hissy Fit

I have two shelves of tbr books in the other room, but I can't imagine when I'll get to them.

By Blogger Loribelle Hunt, at 9:49 AM  

Oh My!!!!!! I have no clue but i"ll give it a whirl.

Ain't She Sweet
Glass House
Odd Thomas
2 books by Wally Lamb
Sex, Murder and a Double Latte
2 Angela Knight books
1 Ridley Pearson book (I suck at titles)
A Conneticut Fashionista... (I can't spell either)
COnfessions of a SErial Dater
In The Groove
a Non-fic book by TErry Brooks --Sometimes the Magic Works?
A Gena Showalter book
Bad Kitty by Michelle Jaffe
Eldest by Christopher PAollini
Flush by Carl Hiaasen
Midnighters #2 by Scott Westerfield
ARtemis Fowl

And a ton more.......

By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 10:26 AM  

You just reminded me, Cece. I haven't read Eldest, either. I just loaned out Eragon to a neighbor.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:36 AM  

Are you MAD, woman? Read Good Omens! READ GOOD OMENS NOW!!!

Then read the Cherryh.

So there.

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 4:16 AM  

OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one, to tell the truth, I have a three-shelf bookcase with books to read. ;-) Yep. Better believe it, I'm a class-A book addict. Some get read quickly, others linger, it depends on my mood and, how much I'm personally writing.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

So relieved to see others with good sized tbr piles. I can't even remember what's all in mine but at last count it was about 22 and there's about 10 more coming in the next two weeks to join in.

By Blogger Lis, at 11:17 PM  

http://amorgan.windsofstorm.net/library/

It's not categorized by genre, and a few aren't released yet (Harrison, Woodworth, Ward, and Armstrong are all releasing new titles this year that I am eagerly anticipating), but should give you an idea of what's on the list.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich