Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Writing Fast Part II

Saturday, September 24, 2005
Ok, Silma. I don't suck. I am not a loser. I simply rarely meet my impossibly high personal standards. ;-)

However, I have written 15 pages since Monday, which is pretty phenomenal for me. That's what I typically aim for during a BIAW and it hasn't even been an entire week yet. So YAY me!!

In other news -- Dd's teacher and I have worked out a system wherein dd gets happy/frowny faces based on whether or not she finishes her work in class. This is much more effective than last year's smiley system which was too general -- be good. She averages 4 happy faces per week and I'm pretty happy with that.

She's also reading a LOT more than she ever has. She's picking books that are at her reading level (mid 4th grade) and flying through them. Woohoo!!! Color me a happy mama!!!

Off to make some spaghetti sauce in my crockpot for dinner tonight.
9/24/2005 10:11:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 5 Comments

5 Comments:

Way to go Sela!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

Keep up the good work!

By Blogger Shari, at 2:54 PM  

I feel blissful when the spawn are reading well. It makes for such a happy Momma. Good for Dd, and hope the macaroni's were great!

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 10:33 AM  

Has she discovered the American girl series books yet? My dd went through a stage of loving them.
Hooray that the school is doing something positive.

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 10:36 AM  

Yeah for DD!!!!! That's fab news! and congrats on the writing progress! I didn't get anear as much done as I wanted this week but I got a lot more than I planned including synopsis for the other two novellas I've got going. I need to edit them. I finished final edits on the first novella which is a miracle considering I've ahd kids all weekend.

By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich