Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Sunday Morning Blogging

Sunday, September 11, 2005
I'm getting ready to take the Monkey Children to church, so this will be a short post.

Several Divas are frequent submitters to Woman's World Weekly, a supermarket magazine that I'd never read. Lisa Bradley (I can't find her link right now. If I find it, I'll edit) had one of hers published there a couple of weeks ago, so I picked up a copy. Very sweet and very short. Apparently, those are pretty much the guidelines. 1100 words that your grandmother would like to read. No paranormal, no historical, nothing too out there. Contemporary, sweet romance that Just Might Happen To Average Jane.

And I thought, "Sooooo not my thing."

Then this idea showed up. I was watching that Airport show on the Discovery channel -- the one where they follow the airline employees around LAX and tape their encounters with customers. Long ago and far away, I worked the ticket counter, gate and baggage claim for Delta Airlines at a small city airport. Is Delta still in business? It was a couple of weeks ago, but as I recall it was getting a little dicey. I digress.

I'm a little over half way done. Average Jane and her slightly better than average Joe. Very sweet. I don't have a title for it yet, but I'm not one who has to have a title to work.

So, with this WWW piece, that means that I have four WIPs to choose from right now. Most are still in the beginning stage, so it's a toss up to see which one progresses past that fatal fourth chapter, where all my stories tank.
9/11/2005 08:29:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 2 Comments

2 Comments:

I LOVE it!! We in the Crafty-arts world use WIP all the time.. and to see that writey-arts use it too.

So do you guys use UFO (unfinished object) to signify those projects you're probably not going to finish (like your fatal chapter four stories??)

By Blogger Debra, at 10:21 AM  

I've never used UFO before, but I think it's great! So that means I've got several UFOs in my little universe. :-)

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich