Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Writing fast

Wednesday, September 21, 2005
I'm doing the Fast Draft Workshop with Candace Havens over at Romance Divas. Essentially, it's a BIAW, but for 2 weeks of torture instead of just one.

I hate doing these things.

So why am I doing it? Because it works for me. Even if I don't make my goal -- and out of all the BIAWs I've done, I've only reached my goal once -- I still get a lot done.

But man, I hate doing it. Part of it is because my internal editor likes to bang on my brain and give me a monster headache when I shut her away. Part of it is because I really hate not making my goal. Way to make me feel like a big LOSER!

Still, I have 8 more pages today than I did before I started on Monday morning. Just like everything else in life, it's nice. But I could do more IF ONLY...

The two most damning words in the English language and I can't seem to rid myself of them.

Well. IF ONLY can kiss my ass today. I'm going to get my pages.
9/21/2005 08:07:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Oh Oh I forgot abotu that workshop.I want to do it too.

*runns off*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

I plan on getting my draft done so I can hurry up and submit it to Kensington.

By Blogger Jax Cassidy, at 5:30 PM  

You can do it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

I'm getting a lot done this week too...

By Blogger Angela's Designs, at 8:53 PM  

yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! good luck doll! I've managed to get quite a bit done but dang I'm tired =(
I need abotu 50 more pages.

By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 10:11 AM  

You can do it! Just realistic goals. Forget the whole 20 pages thing. Set the amount of pages that you know can do, taking into consideration your schedule. And another thing... STOP SAYING YOU'RE A LOSER! Repeat after me, "I can do this. I'm a winner."

By Blogger Silma, at 9:48 PM  

You can do it!!! I'm with you though - my mental editor drives me mad. I do find that on my alphasmart, I don't edit nearly as much because it's just harder to DO edits on that thing.

Keep pluggin' away. It'll be worth it in the end!

By Blogger Brenda, at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich