Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Alpha Males Don't Wear Pink

Tuesday, September 06, 2005
It scares me that I had to say that.

The front page of the Life & Style section of today's The State (Columbia SC) proclaims that men are "Pretty (potent) in pink." The parenthetical is part of the title of the article. Here's the subtitle: "It gets the girls. It shows you're a sensitive guy. Hey, what's not to like?"

Yikes.

I'm going to say that there are men whose skin tones are of such a shade as to be enhanced by the color pink. Just like there are women who look fabulous in pink. Not as many look fabulous in it as wear it, but that's a blog for another day...

But just because you look good in it doesn't mean you should wear it.

If your hero is a Beta kind of guy, a metrosexual Gamma, go for it. It's not going to bother me.

But Alpha males don't wear pink. Yeah, they may get their nails buffed, they may wear silk underwear, but for my money, if your Alpha CEO hotshot hunk shows up in peach-tinged rose -- Uh uh. Nope. No way.

I realize this is narrow-minded of me. This is even sexist. So be it. Tough. Like I said, I can accept that he may look really good in it. I don't even mind it on guys whose character or lifestyle proclaim them to be more laid back. But if your guy is a chest thumper, please don't make him thump a petal pink chest.

Just my opinion. Feel free to differ.
9/06/2005 07:57:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

What if it's a bloody pink, like the center of a medium rare steak? ;o)

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 10:45 AM  

Depends. Did he dribble his lunch down the front of his pristine white shirt? pphhbbttthhh!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 12:28 PM  

I think in older times the boys used to wear pink because it was a red derivative and therefore powerful. Whatever. I hate men in pink. I personally think it's emasculating.

Blush is enhancing on the skin also. I hope that's not the next fashion trend.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 1:07 PM  

Well, I must be really sexist, because I just can't bear to see ANY man in pink. I made DH give away all his pink shirts. It's just... icky.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

I agree...not a fan of men in pink at all. Hell, I don't wear pink!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 PM  

My dh physically recoiled from the idea of wearing a pink shirt. Come to think of it -- are there many "metrosexual" heroes out there? I haven't read any, but my tastes don't run that direction, so I likely wouldn't pick one up.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 12:28 PM  

Have to admit, don't go weak in the knees when a man is dressed in pink either.

By Blogger Angela's Designs, at 2:48 AM  

Ermm... not got a huge problem with pink. Maybe because some men look good in a dark suit with a buttoned down pink shirt.
At present I am staring at the broad back of a very sexy guy who is wearing a purpley/pink checked shirt.

Maybe being British it is different??

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:39 AM  

No pink in my wardrobe. But I do have white pajama bottoms covered with big red hearts. Bet you can't guess who gave them to me ;-)

By Blogger Gregg, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich