Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Did It Again

Saturday, March 03, 2007
Pulled another story out of my, er, ear.

At about 2:30 this morning, I sent HEART OF THE SEA out to Samhain for their Celtic Anthology. Should hear something within two weeks.

I'm getting too old for this crap. Thursday night I was up until 3:30 writing until I hit The End. Then I sent it out to my crit group still minus a love scene.

Last night I pulled together the crits and suggestions I recieved, wrote sex with my fingers fumbling all over the keyboard in exhaustion. I think it took twice as long to write just because of all the typos I was making.

Did all the formatting prettiness to it, got it all bundled up to send away and went d'oh! Forgot the one-page synopsis! Have no idea how coherent that is. Then realized I needed a 200 word blurb. I hate writing blurbs WAY more than I hate writing synopses.

But it's done. Out of my hands, even though I still keep thinking of things I could have done better.

One of my cp's says she likes this better than my historical. While I had fun writing The Virgin Courtesan, I can see her point. I think my voice is better suited to contemp. Doesn't mean I won't still branch out for kicks and giggles, but I think it's something to keep in mind.
3/03/2007 12:31:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 8 Comments

8 Comments:

You might need a laugh.

I'm going all the way with humour these days.

Glad you're feeling better.

Ivan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

I don't think you're posting nearly enough pics of Oscar.

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 9:40 AM  

lol. You mean Ollie?

If I did, they'd either be of him sleeping in his traveling patch of sun or of a complete blur as he races by. He only has two speeds. Stop and Go.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:02 AM  

Wowzers. I've been off the radar for a while and look who redesigns their blog! Looks great!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 5:53 PM  

LOL Sandra! Glad you stopped by! Got the website done in late January, I think. Haven Rich did the site, then a couple of weeks later, she was able to get the blog all matchy-matchy. :) I think she did great. I tried to do it myself and just tied myself in knots.

Hey Ivan -- Caught up on your blog, too. Funny man!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:01 PM  

Good luck with your submission, Sela! [I despise writing synopses and blurbs also!]

By Blogger Two Voices Publishing , at 11:08 AM  

Thanks BG&JC! Nails down to the nubs again!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:10 AM  

I'm sure you can do historicals with a quirky twist, maybe even re-invent the genre with your Southern sass, but you do need to cull your modernisms in those works and that means losing some humorous lines for sake of accuracy. The contemporary stuff just flows from you much more easily and we don't have to trim any of your lip. But don't give up on the historicals.I just need to get a bigger whip. :-)

By Blogger Babe King, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich