Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


All the News That's Fit to Print!

Thursday, February 15, 2007
I'm in the newspaper!

A couple of weeks ago, I was interviewed by The Current, a bi-monthly paper that features local news for different neighborhoods around STL. It came out yesterday!

The article is primarily focused on the release of DREAMS & DESIRES, the charity anthology for which I wrote a short story. I really want to see this anthology succeed, so any publicity is good. The paper goes into every mailbox in the area, and it's the sort of thing that people always leaf through, so I'm hoping for a lot of response.

Anyway, that's me in the picture. It's not a bad photo. That's just how I look, I'm sorry to say. My glamour queen days are far behind me now. *gg*

In other news, I finally finished writing an article on Perceptions of Romance for Spinetingler Magazine. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to write and catch the tone I wanted, neither preachy nor defensive. Hmm. We'll see how it really turned out.
2/15/2007 10:47:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Ah, "Controlled Circultion".

How often I'd been there.
My original novella came out through controlled circulation--one in every mailbox--wrapped in a magazine called TOPIC out this way.

Hey 20,000 readers are better than no readers, and you're doing it for charity in the first place.

Great you finished the piece for Spinetingler. I appreciate it must have been like walking on water.

You're on some kind of roll.

Keep it up.

Ivan

By Blogger ivan, at 11:32 AM  

You look marvelous!! I am so happy for you!! And what a wonderful thing you are doing to help others!! Best wishes on "Dreams and Desires"!!
Shriek

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

Shriek!! You're commenting! YAY!!!! For that alone, I love the new Blogger. :) Hey, say Happy Birthday to the boys! We didn't forget them!

I really wanted to go to the chat, but had a schedule conflict. Forgot to blog it, too. Bad Sela!

I am on a roll, Ivan. It's kind of weird. I imagine this must be what surfing feels like. Just rolling with the flow, knowing that sooner or later, a wave is gonna knock the board out from under you. Oh well -- I'm riding while the surf's up!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:45 PM  

WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Go you!! What a great time you are having at the moment. I am so proud of you.

(and you look beautiful!)

Biddyxx

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:46 AM  

What a lovely interview!
And I wouldn't say your "glamour queen days" are behind you, not, neither.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:48 AM  

What you talking about, girl? I think you look mighty fine in the pic.

By Blogger Babe King, at 2:49 AM  

Surfing, surfing.
We are all surfing.

Better than shovelling snow.

Ivan

By Blogger ivan, at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich