Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Back to the Drawing Board

Friday, February 09, 2007
I passed on the partial in a week thing. It just wasn't going to happen. It's ok. I still ended up with a beginning which I may or may not keep, plus several pages of notes and character development.

So first, Daughter of Privilege. I'd love to be done with this by the end of April.

Next, Definitely Dead. Tentative deadline for this is end of July, right after RWA.

Third, this Western Steampunk thing. It doesn't have a good title yet and I need to do a lot of research first. Not to mention that I think it'll be the sort of thing where I throw away a lot of false starts again before I get to the right story. End of the year, maybe?

Who knows. There's never a shortage of ideas. It's the capacity to write it all that I worry about.
2/09/2007 09:45:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Oh how many times have I sat at the kitchen table, hating my life, my destiny, my family, my dog--and cranking out words that I hated, doing a story that I hated.
But it was worth a thousand bucks, the mortgage had to be paid.

Though a writer, I was very much in the position of the successful comic strip illustrator, put into a cardboard box, fed every so often, and asked to produce reams and reams of material.

Blues of success.

Try to get your beauty sleep, go out with people every so often as to break the logjam; have a drink with bright, insightful, funny folks.
Put your name and address top right.
There.
Now, "It was a dark and stormy night..."


Ivan

By Blogger ivan, at 11:49 AM  

The capacity to write is always the question, isn't it?

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 1:49 PM  

So does this mean you won't be able to make the deadline for that single-author antho you were so excited about? I hope you can still do that!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 PM  

Nope. That was what the partial was for. Not in my wildest dreams could I write 3 chapters and a synopsis in a week from a cold start.

Like I said, it'll happen when it happens.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:10 PM  

The capacity to write is always there if you are a chatty person with a good background.
I think most of us could talk endlessly about anything at all, even if we were forced to write about a brick wall in front of us.

Uh, you could write about the brick wall, but then the edior wold say, "I am tired about your essays about not being able to write."
Heh.

By Blogger ivan, at 10:08 AM  

There's never a shortage of ideas. It's the capacity to write it all that I worry about.

Isn't that the truth?
Would be so nice if we could just come up with the ideas & they'd just write themselves...sigh...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich