Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Back from the Brink

Monday, February 26, 2007
I'm healthy again! Or at least at roughly an 85% solution, which is good enough for government work.

It seems like the first thing I let slip when I'm ill is the blogging. For which I deeply apologize. (Like y'all are waiting with bated breath for each pearl of wisdom and wit that drips from my fingers. *gg*)

But through the worst of my bronchitis, when I couldn't sleep, I wrote. Yes, indeed. In true Sela fashion -- also known as "Let me throw myself into a seething cauldron of hell and see what happens" -- I started a new project. With a deadline that is now less than a week away.

Seems Samhain is looking for entries into a Celtic themed anthology. When I first heard about it, I didn't think about it too much. After all, I had a project or two I was already juggling and I didn't think I really had anything in my idea file that fit.

But again, as usually happens when I'm ill, I get sick of whatever I'm working on and start casting around for projects to take my mind off my misery. That's how I dug up the Selkie story. It doesn't have a title and a week ago, it only had about 350 words. Now it has over 8K and I've got 4-7K more to work with. It's coming together. Quickly. I realized this afternoon that I'd have to rework a small segment, but it's still working out.

So what diseased portion of my mind thinks it can only work when there's an axe on a pendulum slicing ever closer to my throat?

I need to finish the rough draft by...well, tomorrow night...so I can turn it into my crit group, rework the roughest bits and submit.

Never fear, the copy will sparkle grammatically. It's the story I worry about.

It's always the story I worry about.
2/26/2007 06:29:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Can't wait to see it. I love selkies!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 8:01 PM  

I'm totally with you, Sela. Grammar? No worries. Story? Uh...help! And I really need a looming deadline to nudge me into a full-fledged panic before I can finish anything.

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

By Blogger Robin L. Rotham, at 11:37 PM  

"It's always the story..."
Me too!
I wonder if there's some sort of Celtic disturbance in the Force?
I've been nosing around Celtic themes too.

By Blogger Bernita, at 7:38 AM  

Oh crap, I need to have a story?

Good luck with finishing! The way you're going though, it looks like you don't really need luck!

By Blogger Em, at 12:11 PM  

Glad you're feeling better. And a Selkie. Ohh sounds good.

By Blogger Sasha White, at 1:55 PM  

Oooohhh ... Selkies ... I can hardly wait!!

By Blogger Debbie Mumford, at 3:53 PM  

Well stop worrying, coz the story is cute. I'm sure the Samhain eds will love it.

By Blogger Babe King, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich