Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Mrs. Giggles Strikes Again!

Sunday, February 04, 2007
In a very speedy turnaround, Mrs. Giggles already reviewed THE VIRGIN COURTESAN!

Ok, so it didn't blow her skirt up as much as NOT QUITE DEAD. I'm still very pleased!

She calls the story readable and enjoyable and, I like that Domenico and Nerina manage to interact and bond in a credible manner so the romance can be quite convicing as a result.

But this is my favorite part:
The premise requires a heroine who is intelligent yet in dire straits to work, but Nerina comes off only as an intelligent and smart heroine.

I mean, it's hard to find a downside there! Overall, she found that Nerina was a bit too modern for the historical setting. It was one of my fears, but I so enjoyed writing her that I may have sacrificed historical accuracy for a fun story.

It sounds like I succeeded!
2/04/2007 09:24:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Sela, you rock! A talent for writing and guts to go with it! :D I don't think I'll ever have the courage to submit anything to her. (I'm not into pain and degradation.)

By Blogger Robin L. Rotham, at 10:54 AM  

I forget which famous Indian chief said, "Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead!"
Must have been Geronimo on his trip to England with Buffalo Bill.
Anyway, damn the torpedoes.
They are just dolphin wakes.

Ivan

By Blogger ivan, at 11:36 AM  

Thanks, Robin and Ivan!

I really am pretty happy with the review overall. I just hope people don't focus on the number and read the whole review.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:40 AM  

And Mrs. G. doesn't scare me. Actually, most people don't scare me. One of my favorite college professors was a man who'd been forcibly drafted into the German Army in WW2 and spent most of the war in a POW camp in France. Almost everyone on campus was terrified of him. He was adorable!

Maybe I just like cranky people. Since I hope to be one myself when I grow up. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:42 AM  

For Mrs. Giggles, that's a good review.
I hope she's as kind to me. I finally worked up the nerve to send my book to her.

By Blogger L.K. Campbell, at 9:31 PM  

not too shabby at all. congrats.

By Blogger Babe King, at 3:11 AM  

Honey, that's great! And kudos for the good mention for Dreams...

So, so impressed!

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich