Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


I Love Monday!!!

Monday, August 28, 2006
I've been bouncing in my chair for half the day today! Why? you ask. And well you may!

Today I got my first review!!!!

TwoLips Reviews gave me 4 1/2 lips!!!

"I highly recommend this one. I don’t generally appreciate comedy, but this book had me truly laughing aloud from the first page, and the sensuality between Mr. I’m-Not-Really-Dead and Ms. I'm-Just-Ordinary is quite inflaming. Go get this one, you won’t be sorry."

I don't know if y'all knew this or not, but I am a genius. I just thought I'd tell you.

Crabby Cow #1 also thinks I don't suck. In point of fact, she called my scene "sweet." Ordinarily, I don't go for sweet, but it worked for that piece. It felt very YA to me, so that's how I wrote it. Of course, with half an hour and 300 words, you don't get a ton of space for perfection, but I'm very content with "sweet."

In addition, I've written another page and a half on River Bear. Ok, so the title isn't that brilliant, but it's a work in progress. I'm not concerned with titles yet. Just characters.

Oh, I also discovered that my hero, bless him, has a huge DIY streak. I had no idea.
8/28/2006 03:19:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

Well its better to be that genius
than all those over-wordy chicks on the web who think they are.

Dare I lapse into paranormal?-- When a body meets a body--Oh,I can't stand it!
Dostoevky, out of "When the Devil comes to meet Ivan":
"When I first saw what God did to us, I applauded."
I applaud the good reviews.

By Blogger ivan, at 5:27 PM  

Congrats, Sela! I knew it would be a hit -- but who ever listens to me? ;)

I'm sure you have more great ones in the waiting.

hugs

By Blogger Meg Allison, at 8:41 PM  

sela, congratulations on the great review and I love this page, it looks great.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 PM  

Congratulations, Sela! :-D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 AM  

You're on a roll!

By Blogger Bernita, at 10:47 AM  

Congrats on the great review Sela! That's fantastic.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 2:26 PM  

Congrats on the great review, Sela! I've got my copy of your book. I look forward to it—if I ever get time to read again in this lifetime (read: I have edits galore).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

Thank you all so much!!

This review felt like I'd crossed a big hurdle, somehow. I'd been dreading my first review for some reason.

What really thrilled me was reading this part: "I don’t generally appreciate comedy, but this book had me truly laughing aloud from the first page."

As I told my husband, "I'm funny! I'm really funny!"

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:52 PM  

Sela that's fantastic. Congrats. It's always interesting how we never believe those closest to us, yet a complete stranger tells us somethign our spouse and friends have already said and we jump for joy.

I hope you framed that review to read on down days.

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich