Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Thank you!

Thursday, May 25, 2006
How can I fail with such an awesome crew behind me! I was at Romance Divas last night and someone asked the question -- What do you have left to do before RWA? At first, I answered, "Lose 10 lbs." But after yesterday, I said:

Well, I do still have to clean my house, sell it, pack, move, unpack, buy plane tickets from wherever the hell I end up, get new phone number for business cards, finish edits so my book can go on sale 5 months earlier than originally scheduled, register the kids for school, make new friends, find a new grocery store, find a new coffee shop.
Y'know. Just stuff.
And lose 10 lbs.
I might get a haircut, too.


Actually, I feel a little guilty -- like I was complaining. Funny thing is, I'm ok with most of this list, especially the edits part. But I hate packing and unpacking.

Yesterday I spent over an hour putting away the kid's school papers and boxing them up for storage. Dd's box is full now. K-3rd grade, everything we think we'll keep, is all put away and boxed up. Ds's box is just starting to get stuff in it. But for all the work I did, it looks like I accomplished nothing. I hate that.

I also worked for about 4 hours on edits yesterday and got a LOT accomplished. I was able to plug in some changes I'd made earlier, put in some comments and questions, and do some basic cleaning up -- getting rid of so's, just's and that's. And I know those probably don't need apostrophes, but they look better with them. Another couple of hours of work and my first round of edits should be done.

Note: Please check my blogroll. I feel like such a doofus that I lost my whole list when I made the change-over. I just know I've left people off, but I truly didn't intend to! Give me the heads up and I'll fix it.
5/25/2006 06:46:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

With all that moving and shaking, you'll soon lose those ten pounds.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:01 AM  

That's a big list, Miss Sela. Please take care of yourself. Moving stinks. Congrats on the edits. You're doing so well and I can't wait to see the results.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 12:27 PM  

Packing stinks.

And when I go to the UK this summer, I have to pack with book purchases in mind, so I don't exceed my weight limit for luggage returning.

Last year, I sqeaked in by a thread. Or past by an ounce or something.

First round of edits - how exciting!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 2:31 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Bebe, at 11:36 PM  

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate moving! And did I mention, I hate moving? :)

But, I'll never give up. I move... because I must.

Do you have a divan handy?

By Blogger Bebe, at 11:39 PM  

Finding a new coffee shop should be easy. ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 AM  

You can do it! You know you can!

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich