Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Thank you!

Thursday, May 25, 2006
How can I fail with such an awesome crew behind me! I was at Romance Divas last night and someone asked the question -- What do you have left to do before RWA? At first, I answered, "Lose 10 lbs." But after yesterday, I said:

Well, I do still have to clean my house, sell it, pack, move, unpack, buy plane tickets from wherever the hell I end up, get new phone number for business cards, finish edits so my book can go on sale 5 months earlier than originally scheduled, register the kids for school, make new friends, find a new grocery store, find a new coffee shop.
Y'know. Just stuff.
And lose 10 lbs.
I might get a haircut, too.


Actually, I feel a little guilty -- like I was complaining. Funny thing is, I'm ok with most of this list, especially the edits part. But I hate packing and unpacking.

Yesterday I spent over an hour putting away the kid's school papers and boxing them up for storage. Dd's box is full now. K-3rd grade, everything we think we'll keep, is all put away and boxed up. Ds's box is just starting to get stuff in it. But for all the work I did, it looks like I accomplished nothing. I hate that.

I also worked for about 4 hours on edits yesterday and got a LOT accomplished. I was able to plug in some changes I'd made earlier, put in some comments and questions, and do some basic cleaning up -- getting rid of so's, just's and that's. And I know those probably don't need apostrophes, but they look better with them. Another couple of hours of work and my first round of edits should be done.

Note: Please check my blogroll. I feel like such a doofus that I lost my whole list when I made the change-over. I just know I've left people off, but I truly didn't intend to! Give me the heads up and I'll fix it.
5/25/2006 06:46:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 8 Comments

8 Comments:

With all that moving and shaking, you'll soon lose those ten pounds.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:01 AM  

That's a big list, Miss Sela. Please take care of yourself. Moving stinks. Congrats on the edits. You're doing so well and I can't wait to see the results.

By Blogger Jen, at 12:27 PM  

I hate that limbo between knowing you have to move and knowing where you're going to move (and when). I'm there now myself.

But you sound like you have it all under control. Good for you!

By Blogger Emma Sinclair, at 2:19 PM  

Packing stinks.

And when I go to the UK this summer, I have to pack with book purchases in mind, so I don't exceed my weight limit for luggage returning.

Last year, I sqeaked in by a thread. Or past by an ounce or something.

First round of edits - how exciting!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 2:31 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Bebe Thomas, at 11:36 PM  

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate moving! And did I mention, I hate moving? :)

But, I'll never give up. I move... because I must.

Do you have a divan handy?

By Blogger Bebe Thomas, at 11:39 PM  

Finding a new coffee shop should be easy. ;)

By Anonymous raine, at 4:06 AM  

You can do it! You know you can!

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich