Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


New Baby To Play With

Friday, May 12, 2006
No, not literally. Ye gods. I couldn't deal with more than the two I've got and in any case, I'm sans girly bits anymore. Thank heavens. My life is much easier now.

Anyway...

The gerbil in my rodent-wheel brain finally woke up. It's not exactly a fresh idea. It's just so old that I'd forgotten I'd had it. Kind of a mail-order bride story with a twist. Now, I don't like Westerns, usually. I've read a few, but I doubt there are more than 2 on my keeper shelves. And you couldn't pay a publisher these days to take a Western, anyway. So it's not a Western. I don't know exactly what it is. I'm toying with the idea of a time travel, but I'm not sure.

It's more of a germ than an actual story. I've got two characters, a setting, and some intriguing backstory rolling around in my head. And 9 pages written. I have no clue what happens next, so I'm letting it play out in bits and pieces while I do other things.

So that's the new thing. I'm keeping my options open for now, too. I still need to rewrite Daughter of Privilege and turn it into something more than a plotless boinkfest.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. *gg*
5/12/2006 10:20:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 9 Comments

9 Comments:

Hey, time travel is on my mind, too. Although it'll have to wait its turn in the writing queue.

I thought boinkfests were very popular these days!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

Yeah,Jorrie's right... here's to Boink!

By Blogger Bernita, at 9:36 AM  

It would depend on the publisher. HM&B are still buying Westerns in particular late 19th/early 20th century westerns.

in any case, hooray for the writing.

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 9:40 AM  

If anyone could make this idea work, it's you Miss Sela. Sounds awesome. I can't wait to see this one develop.
Add my toast in for boinkfest.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 10:39 AM  

I'm keeping the boinking, just adding a plot around it. You know. Just so it doesn't sound like a letter to Penthouse. ;)

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:17 AM  

You are growing germs- eek, makes you sound like an agar plate. Maybe you should make him a werewolf cowboy? If the cows don't go the way he wants, he transforms and eats them. :-)

By Blogger Babe King, at 7:14 PM  

Sounds intriguing! Good luck working out the details!

By Blogger April, at 7:32 PM  

Hang in there. I'm sure it'll all come together.

By Blogger DD Blackman, at 8:11 AM  

Raine -- That just doesn't sound right! *gg*

Amanda -- Thanks! I hope I can find the time now that the kids are getting out of school.

Babe -- Eeew! And you know what's really sad? I actually considered the werewolf cowboy thing when you said it!

April -- Thank you!

Diane -- Thanks, hon. I appreciate it.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich