Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Ok, Ok.

Sunday, May 21, 2006
I'm back to Scribe for the time being -- at least until Chrissy can help me figure out what went wrong with the comments feature in her lovely page.

Ugh. This is all a huge headache. I'm functionally computer illiterate and it's beginning to be a problem.

In addition, I have to plan dd's 9th birthday party for next weekend. I hate planning birthday parties. She wants to take her friends to the children's museum, then have a sleep-over. Thankfully, it's a small guest list. 4 to go to the museum, but only 2 will sleep over. We can do that.

Right?

On the bright side!!! I wrote 3 more pages on a short story that I'm considering submitting to Phaze for their most recent Heatsheet contest. The prompt is: Samba. Whether it's set in Latin America, or it's something about the dance, or whatever the idea is, it needs to evoke the Samba sense.

It's fun so far. And short. Not sure yet how erotic it will be, though, so if my characters doesn't make it between the sheets, it'll still be useful for some e-pub short submission.

Ok. Going to write now.
5/21/2006 09:32:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

That computer stuff makes me nuts too. Thank God for Crystal, Shawn and Jodi or I'd be lost.
Your short story sounds fabulous. And I hate planning birthday parties too.
Sending good writing thoughts your way. Glad I can comment. I loved the new look on your blog and I know you'll get it worked out.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 10:04 AM  

Good luck with the bday party! They can be exhausting.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 6:45 PM  

The short story sounds fun! Birthday party planning... sorta fun :-). Just kidding. I hear the children's museum is pretty fun. I've been meaning to make it there with my nephew. Read: I've been meaning to use my nephew as a valid reason to go play.

By Blogger April, at 10:28 PM  

Jen -- Thanks! I hope we can get the new template fixed up. I thought it was really pretty.

The short story ended up being really, really short. And very, very sweet. So I turned it into a Woman's World submission. It's with my cp's now, so we'll see how it goes.

Sandra -- Thank you. I'm terrible at planning these things. I never know what they're going to enjoy.

April -- That's why I want to go to there. Forget the kids, I want to visit EdVenture!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:52 PM  

Passsion dancing = anticipation.
That is a neat idea.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:14 AM  

G'luck w/ the b-day party! As for Samba, I'm halfway there and the story is HOT! LOL

Things are good, job is crazy, writing is hell...but all's swell.

:)

By Blogger Jax Cassidy, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich