Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Still thinking

Monday, May 08, 2006
I saved A Dark and Stormy Knight and all accompanying notes to my Jump Drive, printed it all out, then deleted it from my hard drive.

It felt wonderful. Like a weight had been removed.

I opened an old idea -- Last Man on Earth -- changed a word, then realized that wasn't the story I wanted to tell right now. It's kind of a post-Apocalyptic, futuristic Norse Adam and Eve story. Could be fun, but not right now.

I read the new J.R. Ward -- very good.

I read the 2nd of the Elizabeth Vaughn's Warprize series -- also good. Not as good as the first one, but a worthy follow-up. Now I have to wait until 2007 for the final installment.

I think I may read a werewolf novel today. Kristen Painter recommended Ronda Thompson, so I picked up The Dark One.

Today, dd takes her PACT test. It's the standardized test they use here. Today is the writing test. One page on the topic they give you. If she will only finish it, she'll get a great score. If she'll finish it. The process of writing -- brainstorming, outlining, rough draft, revisions, checking grammar and spelling, then rewriting -- is extremely tedious. She often balks at the last hurdle. She'll do everything but the rewriting, so her grade will tank.

I hate this part. Seeing everything she's capable of doing and then watching her quit. What's worse? Seeing myself in her. I'm surprised my mother didn't sell me to the Gypsies.

But school's almost out. Only a week and half left for ds at preschool. He'll be a Kindergartener in the fall. And dd has two and half weeks left, but most of it is testing, so regular classes are essentially over. 4th grade looms.

Am I really getting old or does it just feel that way?

I'll tell you what hasn't changed. I'm still a lightweight drinker. I went out this weekend to The Melting Pot, an all fondue restaurant. You'd never think that would work, but it's a chain and quite successful. I decided to try a chocolate martini, since I'd never had one before. Wow. I was blitzed before I was halfway done with it. Then, like a schmuck, I forgot to drink any water before bed and woke up parched and with an annoying headache.

Sorry I wasn't a better blogger last week, but I'll do better this week.
5/08/2006 08:25:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 10 Comments

10 Comments:

I get tiddly very easily too.

By Blogger Bernita, at 9:19 AM  

LOL, Sela, I'm what my good friend calls a "cheap date". Half a glass of wine and I can't feel my feet. He favorite pastime is to attempt to get me drunk at Nationals. It turns out, I can't taste Tequila as anything but gooooood. So, I downed all of it and when I stood up to walk it off, it was almost 1 Tequila, Floor. Sooooo not a drinker.

You know what sucks though? There's a wing place here that when I have their Lemon Chicken, unless I drink 5 glasses of water with my meal, I wake up with the worst hangover immaginable. How's that for unfair?

Smooches,
De

By Blogger Dee Tenorio, at 10:02 AM  

DEE -- I've been called a cheap date, too! You must have missed Julie and I staggering away from the GiNOrmous margaritas we consumed one night last year.

BERNITA -- I can barely drink a glass of wine without getting silly, and obviously chocolate martinis have an effect, but I don't get that way until I've had at least 4 shots of Jack Daniels. Or a half-gallon sized margarita. Bizarre.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:14 AM  

The thing that works for me can be summed up in three words.......Practice Practice Practice! LOL. Just kidding.
It's tough for me to see myself in my kids. I think they're going to make all the mistakes I did. But they won't. They'll make their own mistakes with their own spin on it. I just hate watching too.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 5:02 PM  

LOL, Sela. After a wedding last year, we all went to the Blue Martini to hear jazz and I had a chocolate martini. I didn't realize Godiva chocolate liquor was so potent :-). It's not just you!

By Blogger April, at 7:16 PM  

You won't be disappointed with The Dark One - it rocks.

Count me in on the cheap date club. After half a mojito, I usually turn to my husband and whisper in his ear "I'm drunken" then giggle.

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 12:32 AM  

JEN -- Are you telling me to practice drinking? Well, it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!

APRIL -- I'm glad it's not just me! I really didn't think I was quite that susceptible!

KRISTEN -- Still haven't had time to read. Dh thinks it's cute when I get "drunken."

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 7:36 AM  

Sounds like you've been purging - creative cleansing? Sometimes, I just need to shut everything down and be away from the computer, off with something else like a good book and indulge.

I'm not much of a drinker either.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 1:28 PM  

Remind me not to drink with y'all at Nationals lol. ;)

I hate the testing. We did it here a couple of weeks ago. I think we have two weeks left of school. Woohoo! I'm so not a morning person lol. It'll be good to let everyone sleep in a little lol. ;)

By Blogger Loribelle Hunt, at 8:14 AM  

Ugh - another reminder that summer is almost here.

By Blogger Brenda, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich