Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


My house is so clean!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Clean, clean, clean! I didn't even cook dinner tonight because that would have messed up the kitchen. We're going on a brief holiday tomorrow down to Myrtle Beach, so I wanted to have a clean house to come home to. Mission accomplished! I'm beat.

Aside from cleaning, I've also gardened in the last couple of days. Not much, just a few herbs -- annuals like basil and dill and a couple more rosemary plants. All of last year's perennial herbs returned except for the thyme. Damn bunnies. I have a black thumb, but I do love growing herbs. If we ever end up in a house that we live in for a long time, I want a bay tree. It's a very satisfying feeling to say while I'm cooking, "Hon, will you go snip a couple of sprigs of something for this?"

When I finished planting the last of my rosemary, I also sprinkled fire ant killer. Wretched insects. I can't stand them. Last year, I got bitten right on the top of my foot and it took a month to heal.

Haven't done any writing since I undertook the cleaning project, but I hope to remedy that at the beach. I'm also taking my friend Julie Cohen's new books, Featured Attraction and Being a Bad Girl to read. I've been dying to read them!

Enjoy yourselves while I'm off to the beach!
4/11/2006 09:30:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Have a fun and safe trip! Should be beautiful weather. And be warned, the mosquitos are back too! Grrrr...

By Blogger April, at 11:08 PM  

A clean house...A CLEAN house? A clean HOUSE?
What have you been sniffing? I don't got no clean house.
Now I'll have to...

By Blogger Bernita, at 7:26 AM  

Clean house... dare to dream! I just dodge the dust bunnies. OL

Have a great time, Sela.

By Blogger Savannah Jordan, at 8:33 AM  

"I didn't even cook dinner tonight because that would have messed up the kitchen."

Oh, that's a great one. A top 10-er on the list of reasons to avoid cooking!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 10:43 AM  

Have a great time Miss Sela. BTW, love the website. Very nice. I really want to read Julie's books as well.
I envy your black thumb because I can't even grow herbs!!

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 10:57 AM  

We didn't encounter any mosquitos, April -- thank goodness! The water was great!

Bernita, I had help. (shhh. don't tell my dh) But it was totally worth it!

Thanks, Savannah! We had a blast.

You've never used that one, Sandra? It's a classic at our house. I'll call dh right before he leaves work and say, "The kitchen's clean so we're eating out." He always agrees!

Thanks for visiting the website, Jen! I'm so glad you like it! I really do have a black thumb, though. I've killed peace lilies, which actually takes effort. The only reason the herbs grow is because the lawn sprinkler waters them.

I'll be blogging my reviews of Julie's books as soon as I finish them!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich