Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Life is Good

Tuesday, April 25, 2006
It really is. The weather is gorgeous, the azaleas are blooming, dd got ready in time this morning to drink her cafe au lait, and ds is already dressed and ready for preschool.

The garage sale went really well for the first hour and a half. Before the heavens opened. In less than two minutes it went from cloudy to gullywasher. Still, we raked in a little over $85, which isn't too bad. I got rid of a few heavy/bulky items. See, the Air Force allows you so much weight when they move you. Any extra, you have to pay yourself and lemme tell you, it costs. So I celebrated when someone took a wrought iron patio set off our hands. That sucker was heavy!

Strangely, the books didn't sell too well. The kid's books went like gangbusters, but I only sold about half a dozen adult books. Mostly non-romance. I buy TONS of books at garage sales. I dunno. Maybe I'm weird.

No comments from the peanut gallery.

Anyway, I still have a whole bunch of stuff. I'll probably give 90% of it to the children's hospital charity that comes by every month to pick up stuff. I'll figure out the rest of it.

More good news? I got an e-mail from my editor (yeah, I still give a little squeak when I say that) about cover art info and blurbs. *giggle* I'm gonna have cover art. And a blurb.

HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?

La vita e bella.
4/25/2006 08:01:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 12 Comments

12 Comments:

I can't wait to see your cover, Miss Sela. Congrats on getting something out of the garage sale.
I don't think that's weird. I prowl garage sales and second hand bookstores when I can. Especially for romances. Just a few comments from the peanut gallery.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 8:34 AM  

I buy LOTS of books at yard sales.

By Blogger Bernita, at 8:43 AM  

Glad to hear the sale went pretty well. I think usually books do well at garage sales, so maybe it was just a fluke!

Enjoy that nice weather - sounds lovely.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 11:00 AM  

Super cool, Sela! I'm so excited for you!

Boy, what wonders a yardsale would have on my house! LOL!

By Blogger Dee Tenorio, at 4:06 PM  

Do you really think you'll ever not feel a little twinge when you think "my editor"? :-)

Glad the sale went well. The rain was so spotty. I went to my chapter meeting in Chas and thought I'd have storms the whole way back, but it never did more than spinkle once! Who can guess with spring weather?

By Blogger April, at 5:26 PM  

Verra cool! Can't wait to see it!

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 9:27 PM  

I would congratulate you on the upcoming cover art--but since the peanut gallery isn't allowed to comment... *ggg*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 AM  

I never can sell books at garage sales.

By Blogger MJFredrick, at 6:56 AM  

I never bother trying to sell books, I usually donate them to the nearest library when I'm done with them. I get sent a lot of HB advance copies that the library loves to take.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM  

Thank you to Jen, Dee, Jaye and Raine for the cover art congrats! I haven't filled it out yet. I'm too nervous!!

I know. I'm a dork.

Jen, Bernita, Sandra, Dee (*gg* Sandra Dee), April, Mary and Alexandra, I think selling books at garage sales is micro-regional. I bet there are sections of Columbia where they'd go like hotcakes. Just not in my neighborhood. They didn't sell well at last year's garage sale, either. I though it was a fluke, but I guess not.

Alexandra, I have a huge amount of credit at my local UBS and I don't want anymore right now. Looks like I'll be donating!

Sandra and April, it's raining again today, but I'm not complaining. We need it.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:13 PM  

Your books didn't sell??? How odd! Whenever I have yard sales, the books are usually the first thing to go. It's one of the first things I look for when I go to yard sales too.

Speaking of which, I have one planned for around June. Oy, the amount of work that goes into a garage sale!

By Blogger Faith Bicknell, at 10:28 AM  

I know. I think it's weird that no one bought them.

You know what saved me a ton of time? I didn't put stickers on everything. I just put up signs -- small crafts for 50c, kid's clothes for $1, paperbacks for 50c, hardbacks and trade paper for $1. Of course, that really only worked because I had lots of things I could categorize like that. A few individual things, but people mostly asked about those.

Good luck!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich