Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Lady M's wonderful art!

Monday, April 17, 2006


The fantabulous Lady M made a mock cover for one of my wips. Isn't it awesome? It goes to a story I'd been calling COLD, but I think I like COLD RUNE even better. As we discussed the cover, I even got a few more ideas for plot and character development.

Here's the blurb I wrote for it:

An action-filled romance featuring Mae Davis, a professor of Nordic history, and Colm McIvers, a gruff Interpol agent trying to protect her. A very special Runestone has been stolen and Mae's the one who did the bulk of the research on it. It's not only an artifact, it's a key to great power. She thinks it's just a fairy story, but she'll learn to believe the unbelievable by the end. Colm can only protect her from what he can see -- how will he keep her safe from the things he can't?
4/17/2006 10:21:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 11 Comments

11 Comments:

Sela--I LOVE that cover! :-D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

Great cover! :-)

By Blogger April, at 11:08 AM  

Lady M has quite a talent!

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 11:59 AM  

I think the cover is quite neat. And the story sounds interesting!

By Blogger Angela James, at 12:53 PM  

Lookin Very Good!!

So exciting to see your name on the cover!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

Thanks everyone! I think Lady M did a really great job -- especially with what she had to work with! I know so little about this story, but just looking at this cover makes me want to pull it to the top of my "next thing to write" list.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:43 PM  

You write it - it will sell - the Story was the inspiration.

YOUR STORY. And a damn fine one too!

Lady M

By Blogger WagerWitch, at 11:47 PM  

And a fabulous title!

By Blogger Bernita, at 7:19 AM  

Thank you, Bernita. I think Cold Rune is a much more evocative title. But it'll probably just stay Cold in my head.

And thank you again, Lady M!! I'm so honored that you spent all those hours working on this cover -- the investment of time alone makes me very grateful. And thanks for the encouragement! Can never get too much of that.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:15 AM  

Sela, that story sounds great, and the cover looks fabulous!

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 4:51 AM  

Thanks, Anna!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich