Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Holiday over...

Saturday, April 15, 2006
Real life intrudes.

We had a great time in Myrtle Beach. We played in the pool, we played on the sand, we played in the ocean. It was fantastic. I'm not a big beach person, but for a short holiday, it was perfect. What helped was that it wasn't crowded at all. I can see that, in the height of the summer season, it would be tough to claim a couple of feet to park your towel, but this week was so calm.

Unfortunately, not calm enough for me to do the reading I wanted to do. So I'm still plugging away, trying to find minutes here and there to pick up Julie's book, which, btw, I am thoroughly enjoying. If there's a voice that could pull me back into reading more category, this is it.

Anyway, in all the housecleaning that I did from Sunday to the big push on Tuesday, I somehow screwed up my back. From my neck down to my shoulder blades is one big blazing pain. I can turn my head to one side, but not the other and God forbid I should look down.

Ouch.

I've taken 2 ibuprofen and the edge is off, but I'm still veeeery careful with how I move.

Tonight, we grill. There's a sale on boneless rib-eye at BiLo. Tomorrow, Moroccan Lamb Tagine with Pine-Nut Couscous. Also, today I really, really need to take the Monkey Princess shopping. She has no summer clothes. I dropped the ball on that one. Thank goodness Kohl's is having one of their Saturday sales.

Gotta go! Sloooowly.
4/15/2006 11:26:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 13 Comments

13 Comments:

I'm making Moroccan lamb and couscous tomorrow, too! Great minds...

Hope your back feels better soon. Be good to yourself.

Glad you're enjoying the book.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

Ohhh The dinner sounds wonderfull! Take care!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 3:40 PM  

Somewhere in Morocco...lambs are hiding. :)

Hey Sela, just knowing someone else was out there cleaning while I was in the cave and unable to overly attend my house relaxes my OCD! :) Bummer about the back. Might I recommend heating pad or hot soak of some sort? I get like that after a furniture moving binge.

Feel better!
Dee

By Blogger Dee Tenorio, at 9:03 PM  

Hope the back feels better soon, hon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

God bless analgesics.
Hope it clears up soon.

By Blogger Bernita, at 10:25 AM  

Oh no - hope you feel better soon!

By Blogger K.A.S., at 11:08 AM  

Julie, I finished it. And cried. And laughed. It was beautiful. He groveled soooo well!!!

Thanks Sasha. Need to start cooking soon.

LOL Dee! Yep, Carnivore Sela is out for the wee little lambs! I feel better today, but I'm still taking pain pills. The hot soak didn't help as much as I'd hoped.

Thanks, Raine, Bernita and Karen! As I said, I do feel better today. If progress continues a-pace, I should be in normal shape by Monday or Tuesday.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:30 AM  

Really sorry to hear about your back - I hope you get feeling better quickly!

Of course, you should rest it thoroughly for a good week or so, let others handle the housework and heavy lifting.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 11:50 AM  

Yay! I do so love a grovelling hero...glad you liked it. Hope you like Oz too.

And I hope you're all better very soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 PM  

How awful about your back, Sela! Hope it’s better soon. Be careful, sitting at the computer definitely doesn’t help. :-0

Your Easter dinner sounds wonderful. This year we enjoyed a nice brunch at a local bistro and I thoroughly enjoyed blowing my diet on the sweets table. LOL

I’m far behind on my chat lists and blogs and just saw your name on Samhain’s author chat list as I was skimming posts a while ago. In case I haven’t already told you, I’m VERY happy to see you there! :-D

By Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs, at 7:56 PM  

Sela~

I have RA, and you can take up to four to five Aleve a bad. I find they work MUCH better than ibuprofen.

Hope your Easter was wonderful!

By Blogger Savannah Jordan, at 8:27 AM  

Sela - Hey it's almost up. Check in a few moments.

I so hope you like it.

Lady M

By Blogger WagerWitch, at 9:54 AM  

Thanks Sandra -- I like the way you think! Probably not going to happen, but a girl can dream. ;)

Julie, I'll be writing your review later today -- count on 5 Kisses!

Daisy! So glad you stopped by! Yeah, I'm a Samhellion now and really enjoying the camraderie on the loops.

Savannah -- glad you're taking a break from your edits to pop in! Sorry to hear about your RA. I may have to pick up some Aleve next time I'm at the grocery store. Dh has neck issues, too, though his are long-standing.

Lady M, I love it! I can't thank you enough!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich