Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Guilt

Sunday, April 30, 2006
I haven't gone blog-hopping in over a week. I feel so guilty!! But we've been swamped. Garage sale, school things. Yesterday I had to drive all the way out to Sumter (nearly an hour trip one way) for a baby shower. Then we hit the school fair on the way back for over two hours. I was so utterly shattered that last night I fell asleep before the kids did. Thank goodness they got themselves to bed although I did find them curled up together like kittens on one bed.

But I do have good news. On Tuesday, I started the Sonoma Diet. Not drastically low-carb, although they are limited to an extent. I haven't found the space to even exercise yet, but just by watching carefully what I eat, I've lost 2 lbs!

Yesterday didn't go so well, though. I didn't eat many of the goodies at the baby shower, but I was halfway through my slice of chocolate cake before I even thought about it! I told myself I'd make it up by eating a good dinner, but as I said, I was exhausted. Ordered a pizza and had two slices.

Oh well. Today is another day, though. Right? I'm off to get breakfast. I'm jittery for some reason. Probably because I haven't eaten yet. Fell asleep by 8:30, then woke up at 5 am. I just finished reading a Merdedes Lackey book -- Phoenix and Ashes. One of her Elemental Mage series where each story is based on a fairy tale. This one was Cinderella. I really disliked an earlier one I had read that was based on Beauty and the Beast (the Fire Rose), but this one was great! Very powerful, even though I did skim a few pages of arcane esoterica.

Anyway, I will get back to everyone's blogs, but I seem to be in pre-hermit mode. I love being a hermit and walling myself up, but it's a luxury I just don't have the time for right now.
4/30/2006 08:02:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Sometimes being a hermit is required. Especially when life gets hectic!

Good luck with the diet, hon. Don't think I've heard of that one, but as long as it's not one of those extreme ones you have a better chance of sucess in maintaining any weight loss. :-)

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 9:00 AM  

It's not extreme at all. I don't do well with extreme. I get all rebellious and start scarfing down Oreos and cotton candy. No, this has a very sensible approach, even during the first "wave." About the only thing I can't have is sugar, simple carbs or fruit for the first 10 days. After that, I get the fruit back, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Heck, I can even eat cereal for breakfast on this one, as long as it's whole grain. That was a major downfall of other low-carb diets for me. I don't cook at breakfast and, daggone it, I like cereal!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:26 AM  

I understand how it is. When my life gets chaotic, it's tough to get to everything I normally do. Good luck with the diet. I've heard good things about this one.

By Blogger Jennifer McKenzie, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich