Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


This Christmas Thing is Killing Me!

Monday, December 19, 2005
I am sooo tired! But I'm getting there. Finally finished shopping today. The kids are done -- I hope. I'll need to check their stash soon. And the house is coming together.

My very best friend from college is coming to visit for a couple of nights after Christmas, so I have to pull it all together pretty quickly here. And yes, for the shape my house is in, a week isn't much time.

Anyway, I hate to shop. I truly do. But I figured it had to get done sometime so I got everyone ready and out the door at a good hour this morning and drove clear across town to The Big Mall. Now, there are several other, smaller, shopping centers that are closer, but this one had what I needed. While there, we got sucked into the black hole known as the Build-A-Bear Workshop. So now ds has a new green froggie named "Mac" and dd has a new little outfit for her bear.

As a consolation prize to myself, I hit the local UBS on our way home and finally, finally found a copy of Linda Howard's MACKENZIE'S MOUNTAIN. I'd been wanting to re-read it for years, but hadn't found it again. Of course, I forgot to look in the re-issued anthologies. Duh. (I hate it when my kids say that.) But I pulled in a respectable 5 new books, so I'm content.

My back hurts from moving furniture yesterday, my head hurts from shopping and thank God we're having leftovers tonight.

No new progress on the wip, but that's only to be expected. When my brain stops feeling like day-old oatmeal, I'll post something smarter or funnier or snarkier, but today I'm just too flippin' old to be interesting.

Oh, and I weighed myself yesterday and realized that I haven't been this chunky since I was pregnant. At least then I had an excuse.
12/19/2005 05:02:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

Ditto on everything. The weight, the Christmas prep, everything.

I'm so tired. And fat. Gah.

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 7:44 PM  

Okay, laughing with this cold going on is not funny... but I loved the retaining manly bits but not getting to use them.

I hope things settle down enough for you to be able to relax and enjoy your visit with your friend.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 AM  

Ahhh, another one who hates to shop.
I am not alone.

By Blogger Bernita, at 6:51 AM  

Ditto on the shopping, weight gain, and aches.
Hope you feel better, Sela!

(And Linda Howard ROCKS).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich