Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


A bit lonely now

Tuesday, December 06, 2005
I'd forgotten how much space a dog fills in your home, even from across the room. The two dogs are at their vet's office now in the hope that the vet will recognize them. It turned out that their computer crashed a while back and they lost all their records from March-July this year, so these dogs have no cyber-trail. The black one was obviously familiar with the place (terrified, poor baby), so I have hopes that this scheme will work. They said they'd call with updates.

Man, I miss having a dog. We're just not set up for pets in this house, but I think we're all agreed that on our next move, we're getting a dog. Maybe even two. I'd always wanted puppies, but after this experience, I'm more inclined than ever to get a rescue dog.

Update: The vet recognized them and the owner came right away and picked them up from the vet's office. YAY!!
12/06/2005 01:28:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Best of luck to the dogs (I hope your plan will work!), and so nice of you to decide to rescue a dog! I don't know what heart a person must have to abandon an animal!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

Awww... go you! Get a rescue dog, my sister's dog is a sweetie and she is a rescue dog.

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:31 AM  

Our dogs have always been Humane Society dogs.

By Blogger Bernita, at 5:49 AM  

I was raised in a no animal home. In fact, I'm now raising two in a no animal home. Then my in-laws got an indoor puppy. Wow - what a life changer. This little girls is wonderfu, and I'm starting to cave.

By Blogger Jill Monroe, at 8:34 AM  

Update: The vet recognized them and the owner came and picked them up from the vet's office. YAY!!

Good Lord, Jill. I popped over to your blog. As long as you don't end up with a SAMACLAWS look-alike, I think you'll be safe with almost anything.

But I was raised with dogs and it's very lonely without one now. I still miss my precious Yukon, who died 2 years ago.

Now I just have to convince my dh that rescue is the way to go. They even have Boxer Rescue groups!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:24 AM  

*hugs* to you for doing the rescue. Hope the vet can find their people by the rabies tags.

By Blogger K.A.S., at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich