Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Building Good Karma

Tuesday, December 06, 2005
I was supposed to go to my book club last night, but I did some pet rescue instead. The plan was to pick up dd from her Girl Scout meeting, drop her off at home and then be just a little bit late to book club. Very good plan.

Except for the dogs. Now, I am currently dogless -- a sad state of affairs. But there were two dogs hanging around with the girls as they got out of their meeting. Cold, wet and miserable, they were also still fairly clean, not skinny or skittish, and extremely well-behaved. They had rabies tags, but no name tags, so I called the vet's ofice, which was closed. I called their emergency number and asked them what I was supposed to do with these guys. They asked if I could keep them overnight and try the vets again in the morning.

So, like a schmuck, I said, "Sure." Same thing I answered when dh mentioned he'd like to have a second child. "Sure. Why not?" Idiot.

Anyway, I was able to pick up the little one, an elderly black cocker spaniel, and put her in the back of the truck. The big one, a golden retriever/lab mix, jumped in after her and we came home. They bedded down in the laundry room and I went out and bought a bag of dog food. They're even housetrained, so I took them out last night and again this morning. They seem to adore children, so I'm not worried about my kids.

I've called the vet this morning and had to leave a message -- I hope I'm able to find their owners through the rabies tags and return these darlings to their home.

So there's my good deed for the day. I'm praying this whole situation can be resolved this morning. These poor guys are tired and confused. I don't blame them.
12/06/2005 07:25:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

NOT "schmuck!"
Heart.

By Blogger Bernita, at 9:03 AM  

Congrats on your new pets. Have you named them yet? :o)

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 9:27 AM  

Bless your heart, Sela.
You are good people.

Thanks for caring!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

You got a big heart under those big, er, you've got a big heart! ;) WTG, Sela. Nice work.

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich