Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The Real Deal

Wednesday, August 10, 2005
So, how is it that writing a query and synopsis for real is just as nerve-wracking as writing the damn story?

I've been a long time coming to this place. Dude has been written for nearly 2 years now. I edited it this spring. It's ready to go, provided my cps don't say it sucks. Which they won't. Because it doesn't suck. It might be a little rough around the edges (God, I hope not too rough) but it doesn't suck.

For the first time since I began writing, I'm serious about submitting. I know people who have come to this place much sooner than I. They wrote, they submitted and were either rejected or they've sold several times already. Not me. I was too busy faffing about.

But writing the synopsis presents some issues for me. Are my characters fully developed? Have I shown their conflict? Does their attraction make sense? Am I a complete screw-up?

I won't know until I submit, I suppose. So for the rest of the week, y'all will have to deal with me being more manic and neurotic than usual. I wish you luck.
8/10/2005 11:31:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Good luck, you can do it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

For me, writing a synopsis is far more painful than an entire 450 page manuscript. So sympathies.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 AM  

::Breathe::

And good luck. You are way talented, and I'm sure, that, above all will be noticed.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 10:46 AM  

Syns sux. No two ways about it. But just write it, like you're telling a friend about your story. Then go back and fine tune it. It's a bit hard to begin, but trust me it gets easier.

I have my chapter meeting tomorrow, so I'll have to beg one day's reprieve on getting the crit back to you. Yeah, I know you're soo disappointed at the delay. ::snort::

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 10:29 PM  

Well, just shucky darn, Jaye! *gg* That's too bad. I suppose (insert patently false heaving sigh) that I'll just have to extend my deadline to next Friday, the 19th.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:09 AM  

Ugh. The S word. You should be beaten. But you're right - it does kind of make you see if you have all those elements that are needed, huh?

Gonna share with us where ya plan to send it out?? :)

By Blogger Brenda, at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich