Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Panicsville

Saturday, July 16, 2005
I guess now would be the time to mention that I'm PANICKING!! I like to start early and get a jump on my stress. You know, stretch it out over weeks instead of letting it hit me all at once.

I'm leaving early next week to go visit my folks for a while before I head out to Reno for the RWA National Conference.

I'm a little excited. And not all of my clothes fit. And I'm up to here with my children, who are actually pretty good kids. I'm just at the frazzled end of my patience right now.

I get to trek cross country with the kids, hang out with my mother for a week (she'll tell me I'm fat), then I'll go to Reno and meet 2000 other writers so we can all be neurotic together.

I am typing out my packing list. So far, it's 3 pages long. Some of it is repetition, though. For instance, I have two outfits planned per day down to shoes and handbags, but then I also listed shoes and handbags in their own sections so I don't forget them. Mind you, this is only the stuff that's going to Reno. I haven't even started on what I'm taking just to hang out with Mom.

Nor have I begun the children's lists. I need to do a school clothing inventory before we leave so we can do big shopping when we get home at the Back To School sales.

I also have a couple of small errands to run tomorrow and Monday, and the rest of the washing and ironing to do, plus clean so I come back to a clean house instead of a depressing mess.

My list just keeps getting longer.
7/16/2005 08:32:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Ahhh mothers. Doncha love em?

My mother tells me on a regular basis how fat my ass is. Don't give me credit for having 7 kids, just focus on the spread. Not to mention her ass is way fatter than mine, and that my husband has had to be held back from telling her so, but that's beside the point.I pray continually that I not take up her criticisim and pass it to my children.

So I raise a toast to your courage for spending a significant amount of time with her, and remind you that your husband loves you and he is the only one that matters in that scenario.

Reward yourself with many laughs and a hella lotta fun at convention.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 10:29 PM  

Well, Briana summed it up pretty well. I have always battled with my weight, and I am reminded often by my mother of all the health risks that I am taking. I belive I lost any stomach muscles after our first two. The nasty looks I get when she sees me drinking a can of Mountain Dew are almost comical. But after what we've been through I'm often surprised that I'm not dinking something stronger on a regular basis. There are times that I am VERY depressed about my weight and wish that I could look like I did in college,, but I had a friend also remind me that no matter what, my husband still loves me and that's the one I care about. It truly hurts when I hear about so much about my weight problem, but my anger kicks in when I hear how much extra weight my son is carrying. I am not denying that he is a big boy, but he has enough medical problems that I (we) have to deal with. At times you would think she was a doctor as well.
I know she loves me and means well, but it can drive a person insane!
So I will join the toast to you, and let you know that we love you no matter what! So while you are visiting with her enjoy a delicious and generous slice of your favorite dessert and smile-better yet, have two!
Love Ya!
Shriek

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

My clothes don't fit either, sigh ...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

I'm a list maker too. I have outfits listed by themselves (clothes, shoes, accesories) and then I have other lists for things like Toiletries, Business Supplies and even one titled Stuff.

Reno is so much more complicated this year but I know it's going to be much more fun, too.

Hang in there. This too shall pass!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 10:06 AM  

{{Hugs}} coming your way. I still have to figure out what I am wearing/bringing.

And I am having family visits before and after conference.

Thank goodness we are driving so I can bring far too much stuff!!

Lori :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

Sela, I love your mother (she produced you, after all) but if she tells you you're fat, there's a big slapping excursion coming on. And you can tell her that, too... ;-)

Briana! Do stop holding your husband back! ;-)

And this goes for people who say, "you're too thin", too. Not that that happens to me. But if you would consider "you're too fat" to be an insult, why would you say, "you're too thin"?

Bah!

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich