Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


The Wrap-Up

Saturday, August 06, 2005
Well, if you've been anywhere in the blogosphere lately, you've probably seen me, er, "in the flesh." Yep, my cleavage is now an international phenom. I can say that because I know people in Canada have seen it. ;-)

I don't know how to put up photos yet, but if you just can't help yourself, go to Sasha's blog and Suzanne's. Please ignore the face and concentrate on the boobs. Trust me. They look better. The sordid tale in a nutshell -- I had Bell's Palsy when ds was born and now my face looks twisted in photographs. Believe me, if I didn't look like a circus freak on an acid trip, I'd work harder at having photographs of myself on the blog.

Suzanne is right, she was not the only one photographing it. I found the whole thing hilarious!

Let's see -- a quick recap of Reno. For me, it was all about the people. I met loads and loads of people I'd only "e-known" before (a term I'm shamelessly robbing from Gemma Halliday, Golden Heart winner). The conference wouldn't have been the same without the Romance Divas, Kristen Painter, Jax Crane, Lisa Bradley, Sherice, Barb, Sasha White, Sylvia Day and loads and loads of others. Maggie Jameson and DawnG (fellow Divas) were so sweet and low-key (at least until Dawn started drinking Sex on the Beach). Dinner the last night was only so-so foodwise, but the company made it perfect.

As to the debacle of a presentation, I was puzzled in several places, but primarily I was wicked bored. 'nuf said.

I went to several really valuable workshops, especially Virginia Kantra's "Deep POV" session, which wasn't taped. I had planned to go to another workshop for those two hours, but they were taped, so I decided to stay. I'm SO glad I did! She gave lots of hints and specific techniques for using deep POV as well as shifting POV within a scene. It all has to do with passing the "camera" from one character to another.

The RWA Idol session was -- interesting. And intimidating. Very intimidating. Some people's work (thank GOD they never got to mine!) didn't even make it past two paragraphs before the editors and agents were slicing and dicing. A few of them deserved it, I would have kept reading several more than they did. And only one lucky woman got a request out of it.

Sasha, the darling, listened to me moan about how Dude never would have survived and has offered to put fresh eyes on it for me. I'll send it to her on Monday. *gulp*

I haven't put my notes in order yet and I haven't gotten back to writing yet. Dd goes back to school on Monday (I live in South Carolina -- it's twisted) and although ds doesn't start preschool until September, I'll have a little more time then.

But this weekend is finishing up the odds and ends of back to school shopping and we might take in March of the Penguins this afternoon. It sounds like a good movie.
8/06/2005 10:00:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 13 Comments

13 Comments:

Well, I'm obviously blind, because while I couldn't help but notice the cleavage, I did get a good look at the rest of you when we met, and I thought you were gorgeous, including your face.

I missed the deep POV workshop darn it!

It was so good meeting you in Reno, I can't believe it took me so long to figure out who you were!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

Well, that makes Danica a Friend For Life! Thanks, hon. You and your dh were just so darned cute together! That's what we all said behind your back -- "They're just so darned cute!"

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 5:25 PM  

Susan, I had the same reaction as Dream, I thought you were stunningly beautifl and couldn't understand why you've been reluctant to have your pic taken/shown.

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 6:06 PM  

Sela babe, You are gorgeous! Face, figure and spirit!! Don't you forget it.

As someone that met you in person as well as has seen many wonderful pictures, I never ralised you felt self-consious, and I have no idea why you should.

Oh, and Dream...we did say that behind your back. You and your family made a perfect picture.

BTW, Have you seen the pic on Suzanne's Blog Today? LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

I agree with the rest who've said you look gorgeous. *grins*

The cleavage doesn't hurt, though. ;)

By Blogger Nonny Blackthorne, at 12:33 AM  

Thanks y'all!! Jaye beat me up already, so I'll stop doing it for myself. :-) Sasha, I knew I'd never get out of Reno without a few pix, so I just sucked it up. (Motto of my life -- Suck it up and move on!) And Nonny, cleavage never hurts!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:10 AM  

Okay, I'm totally jealous of your cleavage. As many will tell you, machine jubblies I do not have. I've always wanted them, though LOL

By Blogger Gena Showalter, at 12:14 PM  

lol on your new fame. You looked great.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

You looked totally hot and sophisticated. I wish I was endowed as you!

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 11:27 AM  

It was great to see you as always, babe! I'm going to have a pic of you up on my blog soon, that DOESN'T feature cleavage...so be very afraid!! ;-)

By Blogger Julie Cohen, at 1:54 PM  

I'll confess -- the cleavage is quite impressive!

But then again, so are you! At least as demonstrated by your blog, and by your photographs.

I'm glad I've run across them.

By Blogger mister muleboy, at 2:10 PM  

Well, I'm sure the dh MUST be happy. He is master of the cleavage known round the world!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

What? Nothing on me being witty, fun, cracking you up everyday? Okay, I forgive you as you mentioned the Divas! :)

I loved hanging with you! It was really a special treat!

By Blogger Jax Cassidy, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich