Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


How the Mighty Have Fallen

Monday, August 08, 2005
And no, this isn't about how I look without a bra.

Oy. Vey. School started for dd today. We were there in plenty of time with all the bags and bags of stuff required for the first day. I said, "Unbuckle, everyone!" and she hurled.

All over herself, her new dress and shoes, and my brand-spankin'-new car.

Thank God I had a new box of baby wipes, per school supply requirements. Ugh. So we came home, she changed clothes and calmed down. I must have inadvertently wound her up more than I thought about the new school year. Good grief. My "Bad Mom" tattoo is probably showing through the makeup now. I felt so awful for her! We made it back to school where they took her temperature even though I assured them that it was just a case of severe nerves. So we ended up being an hour and a half late for school. We could have made it earlier, but we all needed some down time after that.

This, after a largely sleepless night brought on by sleepless children. I have taken a long nap in between loads of laundry (2 wash cycles to clean her backpack) and am now going to read a bit before I tackle the Scrubbing of the Floor Mat.

And, just as an aside, my ds engaged in a bout of sympathetic hurling not long after. But after I'd removed the previously yakked-upon floor mat.

And, as another aside, I left open the windows on the car to air out. It rained.
8/08/2005 02:24:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Oh that sounds like my kind of day... hugs!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM  

Poor you.
Fabric conditioner can help take the smell out. It works wonders. Been there, done that but not on the first day of school. One for the memory box for sure.

By Blogger Michelle Styles, at 1:43 AM  

OHHh11 I feel for oyu!

FABREEZE! It really does work. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

Oh, Sela!

My mother and my brother both threw up EVERY DAY of kindergarten. That was the kind of nerves they had. Hope your dd adjusts!

By Blogger MJFredrick, at 8:59 AM  

Kindergarten I can see. One of dd's K classmates bawled every single day of class the entire year. But dd is in 3rd grade! She was fine this morning, although I drove her instead of having her go with the carpool.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:20 AM  

How awful. Heck, my kids leap out before the car even comes to a stop. Heaven forbid I actually walk them to class. My daughter was in kindergarten and she didn't want me to take her to class.

Well, I guess it is one for the scrapbooks....

By Blogger Rene, at 5:54 PM  

Oh, you poor thing.

You know when you're newly married, have a SO, you christen the car in other ways. When the kids come it's the first puke that christens it.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich