Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Only Two More Sleeps...

Monday, July 25, 2005
Until Reno!!!

I'm a little excited. Can you tell? Tomorrow's task list is only moderately lengthy.

1. Get nails done. I never get manicures. I don't really even like manicures. And I'm not getting fake nails. I just want my hands to look nice with a polish that'll last for more than 6 hours.

2. Pick up dry cleaning. Color me a happy camper. Last night I tried on the clothes that I bought a few weeks ago when they were all too tight. Now they fit!! Yippee!!! (And my mother told me I looked good! I think aliens stole her brain, but I'm not complaining.)

3. Have mom alter the sleeves on my evening gown. Either I have stumpy little arms or fit models have arms like apes because they never, ever fit right. This is a satin french cuff attached to a sheer mesh sleeve, so even if I could sew, I would never touch this project.

4. Laundry, ironing, packing. My flight leaves pretty early on Wednesday, so I need to be ready to go tomorrow night.

I bought a neat little folder-thingy-doohickey to keep my files and papers straight and I hope it does the job. Plus, it was like back to school shopping for something I like, instead of for kid stuff which I'll have to do in a couple of weeks.

And then there was this sweet pair of navy slingbacks I just couldn't resist. I finally examined my favorite pair of navy suede t-straps and they were just sad looking. I'd had them for nearly 15 years, the dog had chewed on them, and they're just worn out. Very sad. I hate to let them go. One of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I've ever worn, but I don't think the suede can be repaired.

In other news, I wrote my very first review. I know. I don't even read reviews, so why write one? Duh! Free book!! It's for Lori Handeland's DARK MOON, and I enjoyed it. I gave it 4 1/2 stars, but you'll have to pop over to Romance Divas after Reno to read my whole take on it.

Seriously, though, I wouldn't have reviewed it if I didn't already know that I liked this author. Do you think that colors my perception? Do you suppose that makes me a less than objective reviewer? I don't know. I really don't. I do know that I breathed a sigh of relief as I was reading it because it didn't suck. I was terrified that I would have to write a bad review and I didn't want to. I was compelled to be honest and my review, while positive and praising the things she does well, doesn't leave out the bits that bothered me. Still, I don't know how often I'll do this sort of thing. It's a lot of pressure, to be honest. And you can read that last sentence however you want. I just know I've been burned by glowing reviews of terrible books before and I didn't want to add to the general nausea.

I did see that Kristen Painter gave Sherrilyn Kenyon's latest, SINS OF THE NIGHT, only 3 stars. The book is in my TBR pile and I won't read her review until I've finished reading the book. I don't want one person's perception, even one I trust, to influence how I feel about the book.

I'll try to get in one last blog entry tomorrow, but if it doesn't happen, I'll see y'all when I get back!
7/25/2005 07:25:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 5 Comments

5 Comments:

Have a great time in Reno. I'm green with envy.

By Blogger SuzanH, at 11:12 PM  

Knock'em dead, Susan. (Are you pitching? If so Good Luck!)

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 9:39 PM  

It was fun meeting you in Reno!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM  

Hey! Theree's no email fro you on here...but uhmm Ithought I better warn you I posted your uhmmm Hot Shot from Sat night on my blog. *evilgrin*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 AM  

It was great to meet you in Reno, Sela!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich