Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Old Home Week

Friday, July 22, 2005
Well, I did make it out here. I put together my mom's new computer, but she doesn't get online enough to warrant DSL or broadband, so she's retaining her dial-up connection. I'm so spoiled! This is killing me! ;-)

Anyway, today she did me the enormous favor of telling me to "go have fun." So I did. I needed to get my wedding ring cleaned (it looks like a brand new ring now!) and that means a trip to downtown Boise. What a change! The city has grown exponentially. Naturally, that means that some things are better (lots of great new restaurants) and some things are worse (OMG the traffic!). After I finished my errand, I had lunch at a nice little Thai place, then found a coffeeshop where I sat with Bertie and pounded out a bit more of my Scarlet Boa entry. I'm going to let it simmer for a couple of days, tweak once more if it needs it, then send it in.

After I finished that, I figured I'd drive onto the BSU campus and just see if my old forensics (speech and debate, not CSI) professor was in. I never figured he actually would be! So we sat and talked for nearly an hour and a half. I had the best time. And if we moved here in teh next month, I'd have a good shot at a part time adjunct position as interp coach. My best events when I was on the team involved dramatic interpretation of literature. To be perfectly disgusting about it -- I rocked.

But we're not moving here -- probably ever. It's expensive here! Boise is in the midst of a huge housing boom and even shabby little places are selling for California prices. Absurd, really, when you think about it. I mean, it's Boise.

Tomorrow, it's back to Boise to get my hair trimmed by my all time favorite hairdresser. There are definitely things I like about this town. Regardless of all the progress, there's still enough left for me to be comfortable.

Ah well, time for me to see if I can't put in another chunk of time on ... something or other. I worked on Big Bad Wolf for an hour last night. We'll see what strikes my fancy tonight.
7/22/2005 11:55:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 2 Comments

2 Comments:

Hi Sela!

Thanks for visiting my dumb ol' blog - why didnt you tell me about the olive oil before!?!?! ;) JK ... Enjoyed reading your slices of life, will check back again. Have a wonderful weekend!

By Blogger clew, at 9:50 AM  

Glad you're having a great time!
Talk to ya again soon!
Shriek

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich