Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Steampunkishness

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Actually, this post isn't about Steampunk, per se, but about the story's progress. Which is to say, pretty darned poor.

I'm working on it, though. The thought of those editors, when my ms crosses their desk and they raise their brows and go "Yeah, I remember talking about this" is very, very motivational. But my process, as we know, sucks. There are things I need to know as the story progresses. Not necessarily beforehand, but as they come up, I need the details.

For instance, I was tapping merrily along last night at Tae Kwon Do and bam! Realized that I needed to describe my hero. But I had no clue what he looked like. I mean, generally, yeah. He's tall and rangy and good looking, but that covers a lot of ground. So I've spent the better part of today looking at pictures of gorgeous men. I even had the Divas brainstorming with me, but nothing really clicked until I happened upon a site I bookmarked months ago.

My new hero. Toby Stephens, aka Jem Fullman.

So he's a Brit. So he's a little on the pretty side. I can pull this off. Trust me.

Labels:

7/19/2007 07:28:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 10 Comments

10 Comments:

Yes! Knowing absolutely nothing about this but "Steampunk" and Toby is your hero, I want to read it. NOW, please! :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  

LOL Simone -- and Welcome to my blog! I'm working on it. It's my first full-length novel and I'm stepping out in fear and trepidation, but the more I write, the more I like it.

And yes, Toby is MOST inspiring!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:22 PM  

Toby as Edward Rochester squeeeee!!! I just bought and watched (& loved) this production a month ago. Love that pic

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 11:34 PM  

Erm... *puts hand up* the thing is I don't think Mr Stephens is very tall. Not to rain on your parade... and he has red hair (which makes him sexy in my book)

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:51 PM  

According to the IMDB, he's 5'11. In reality, that means he's probably 5'9. I might stretch him a bit. *gg* And possibly darken his hair a touch. It's fiction! I get to play!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 6:25 PM  

I met him recently and trust me, he IS 5'11". He ain't tall, but I wouldn't call him short either.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  

I'm intrigued! Oh anon -- come out to play! And I'm quite pleased to hear that he's 5'11. Restores my faith in human kind when people are what they say they are. Says the woman who tries to only lie within 10 lbs of reality on her driver's license. ;)

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 7:49 PM  

And Jaye, I DVRd it and must have watched it six or seven times the month it came out. Then it was mysteriously *ahem* erased. I need to find it again.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:24 PM  

Sorry I was too lazy to type in my name before..it being so long, LOL! But yes, I went to see 'Betrayal' at the Donmar recently, and ran into him at the bar afterwards. He is very charming, and I had quite a nice (albeit short) conversation with him.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

I've read several interviews with him and he really does seem charming. Lucky girl, Mels!!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich