Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Eight Things Redux

Monday, June 25, 2007
I did this one before, but I took it down because it sounded uptight and weird and not really me. Must have been in a bad mood that day. But now Babe has tagged me, so I'll see if I can come up with something better.

1. Taken together, I'm half Native American. Even if some of it is Central American. My dad's mother was Choctaw -- raised on a reservation in Oklahoma. Her name was Ona. My mom's father was Mayan, from Honduras. Extremely well-educated and very successful. Tough old man, too. Wish I'd been able to meet them, but Ona died before I was born and I was just an infant when mi abuelo died.

2. I look a lot like Ona. But pale. And with shorter arms.

3. I just cut my hair last week. It's been past my shoulders for years -- since my daughter was born, really -- and I just got sick of it. I like it. It curls now.

4. I took a semester of Russian in college and did miserably at it. I think I'll stick with Romance languages from here on out.

5. Two of my German teachers came to the US as refugees from Germany after WW2. One had been drafted into the German Army when he was 14, was captured almost immediately and spent the rest of the war in a POW camp in Marseilles. The other was actually Czech, and she walked with her mother and sister across Czechoslovakia, across Germany, to get to an American camp, so they could come here.

6. #5 wasn't really about me. Too bad. So for #6, you learn that I don't follow rules well. I almost always get away with it, too. ;)

7. My kids. My adorable Monkey Children. They're growing up. And they like each other. I find this fascinating, especially since I'm an only child. I have other friends with boy/girl children, about the same ages, and the kids hate each other. Mine squabble, of course, but overall they love to be together. I feel very fortunate.

8. Sela is pronouced See-la. Not sell-a. Try yelling sell-a at me at conference and it's not that I'm ignoring you, it's just that it's not my name. See-la.

And I don't tag people! If you see this meme, haven't done it already, and would like to -- Go For It!

Labels:

6/25/2007 08:49:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 8 Comments

8 Comments:

LOL
That's what I said too.
I don't like to tag people so I tagged the same ones as Babe. :)
But of course I included you in my eight. :)
Muwahahaha.
Lara

By Blogger Lara Santiago, at 9:22 AM  

I'm already supposed to do the mem from Babe but haven't done so yet.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

And I'll be checking, Amanda. lol Great list, Sela, but it does ruin the whole Stelllllllllla, without the T call across the room when I first meet you. Drat! Now I'll have to come up with something more original.

Be afraid. :-)

By Blogger Babe King, at 8:14 PM  

LOL Lara -- I think if we keep this up, we'll end up canceling each other out!

Go for it, Amanda. Can't wait to see what you write.

Y'know, Babe, I never worry about you coming up with something original. It's a given!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:56 AM  

Hello there,

I'm tagging you. Check out my blog to see what's going on. lol

Diane

By Blogger DD Blackman, at 10:05 AM  

Hey you. :-) Nothing to say, just wavin'

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 11:29 AM  

Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't realize you were already tagged.

By Blogger DD Blackman, at 2:08 PM  

I'm pretending I didn't notice this post was a tag, and tagging you again ;) This way, the three people who read my blog regularly will come see you, too :)

And ditto on the Russian. All I remember? "Eta fukt." Which is actually fact, but doesn't sound like it. Ok. TMI? :)

By Blogger Dayna_Hart, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich