Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


So ready for school to start

Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Both of the kids have morning camps this week and they're really enjoying it. I think they miss structure during the summer. We have a little at our house, but it's generally a free-for-all.

But yeah, I'm ready, too. I always get excited about school -- and not just for slacker mom reasons, either. It's a fun time! New clothes, new teachers, new classrooms, new friends. And that new paper smell. And schools always smell the same on the first day. I can't really describe it, but they do. It's very comforting.

We've got about 3 weeks left before the first day and I'm rarin' to go. I've got their school supply lists printed out. I'm even thinking of missing the chaos of the tax free weekend and just taking them to Target one day next week to see what we can find.

DS needs new jeans since he shot up this summer. DD could use a bit of sprucing up, but she's mostly ready.

I'm ready. Grade school, bring it on.

Labels:

7/18/2007 09:11:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

For some insane reason, the local schools decided to push back the start of school until after Labor Day! I have like 6 weeks left.

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 9:43 AM  

The thing is, when I was in school, that was the normal start time! Now it seems to be the first or second week of August.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:00 AM  

I can't wait for school. I'm finally going to be able to take my creative writing courses at University. They don't let you start on your major right away at my school. Though, I did sort of forget Japanese so that class is going to be hellish for the first few weeks.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich