Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Owie!

Sunday, June 03, 2007
I thought I broke my little toe yesterday. The dog (54 lb now) and I took a corner at the same time. I said Bad Words. There were tears. Then I put a bag of frozen baby lima beans on it and about twenty minutes later, I was hobbling around. Not broken. Just bruised.

Frozen baby lima beans rule.

Saturday was good. I think I mentioned in the previous post that I had a big time gap in my story that I need to fix. Couldn't think of anything, so I did what I always do. I took a long shower. It worked like a charm! Came up with two definite scenes and a possible third. I'm looking at adding what might amount to another chapter here. Yay!

I'm re-reading some books I finally unpacked. Yesterday I started SHADOW GAME by Christine Feehan. The good thing about re-reading is that since I already know the story, I can take a step back and not get emotionally involved. I can read on a critical level. And I think it's safe to say that if I tried half the stuff she gets away with, I'd still be unpublished.

Oy. Vey. The headhopping.

When I'm *in* the story, it doesn't bother me at all. It works just fine. But taking that step back is grounds for a stylistic headache.

So where's the line? How does an editor decide that the story is so compelling that "The Rules" don't matter?
6/03/2007 09:56:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich