Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Edits

Friday, June 01, 2007
I love getting edits! Which probably makes me extremely weird, but I still love it.

It's all about the feedback. What works, what doesn't. And my characters "yell" too much. I fixed that, by the way. Now they scream, shout and shriek. The thesaurus is my friend.

A chunk of time seems to have gone missing, so I get to add more. This is a Good Thing. I like adding more. Adding more will take this from a short story to a novella and I really like novellas.

I hadn't really started back in on BBW, so I get to keep my head in HotS for a while longer. Things are clicking right along!
6/01/2007 10:29:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 3 Comments

3 Comments:

No, edits are fun. Maybe its just because I find the first draft to be excruciating. Anyway, get down with your bad writing self.

By Blogger Arin Rhys, at 6:15 PM  

I Love getting back my cp's edits too! It is fun! Yes sometimes it means a lot of hard work but I feel like I'm improving the ms so much its all worth it!

Cole

By Blogger Cole Reising, at 9:55 PM  

These are from my editor, who finds things my cp's don't. My cp's, wonderful and excellent writers all, are fantastic at grammar and word choice. They're also great at reading for emotion and stylistic evenness.

Usually by this point in the ms, technical details are low on my list because of their hard work. Those are the trees. Angie sees the forest.

To continue with a different metaphor -- My cp's are down in the trenches with me, crafting, writing, right alongside me on their own projects. My editor, necessarily, has a different vantage point. She's airborne recon, looking over the field, searching for flare-ups or blank spots that shouldn't be there.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich