Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Locks of Love

Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Today, dd is going to get a hair cut. Not just a trim, mind you, but a hair cut. She's going to donate at least 10 inches of her beautiful blonde hair to Locks of Love, a charity that provides hair-pieces to children who have lost their hair due to a variety of medical reasons.

I'm very proud of her. She got the idea from watching a kid's news program quite a while ago and brought it up again recently. I finally remembered to do some research on it and made the hair appointment yesterday.

It'll be quite a change. She hasn't had short hair since she was 4, and that through her own wiles. She gathered up her hair into a ponytail, whacked it off with scissors, then presented it to me on a lacy doily. I cried. She had beautiful Shirley Temple curls and they never grew back. But now her hair is long and lovely and she's ready to give it away.

You go, girl.

Oy, now I'm all verklempt.
6/06/2007 08:20:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Awh, shucks. Moments like that make you proud to be a mom. When my oldest was about 8 he started earning all his pocket money by busking. One day he came in and told me he intended to busk all day and donate it to the MS society. When I asked him why, he said because people with the condition couldn't go and busk for themselves. I was chuffed. Kids can be so sweet when they're not being monsters.

By Blogger Babe King, at 9:05 AM  

I'm very proud of your kiddo. It'a really a wonderful tribute to her parentage.

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 9:36 AM  

That is wonderful!!Hope you enjoy your new, much shorter, hair.

I did this some time ago, donated 18inches of hair!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

That's awesome! If I could, I'd do it but I dyed my hair one two many times to make it worth anything!

By Blogger Jax Cassidy, at 7:03 PM  

Aw!

I remember when I had red shirly temple hair and then my sister lit my hair on fire. My hair grew back straight and strawberry blond.

Your dd is a sweetheart!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 AM  

[[now I'm all verklempt]]

Me too! [sniff]

By Blogger Carolan Ivey, at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich