Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


I just love blogging

Friday, April 06, 2007
I really do.

I mean, where else in the world are you going to get so many people to just pop up and say, "I'll help you!"

Or just as wonderful, "Here. Have a hug."

Because sometimes you're the football at the bottom of the pile, y'know?

I made bookmarks today. It was kind of fun. Some good card stock and a paper trimmer and I'll be good to go. On my way to an office supply store this afternoon. In my ongoing attempt to tidy up my office, I need more organizational tools.

And I'm chatting in a casual way over at the CoffeeTime Romance yahoo group. Just mingling. Meeting new folks, seeing new faces. A couple of the excerpts that have been posted today have been absolutely hilarious. I'm definitely buying "Vampire Vintage" by Ashlyn Chase.

Sometimes it's easy to forget in the rush to claw your way to the top that mostly, it's just about people. I was thinking about Linnea Sinclair today. I met her in the bar (where else?) last year at RWA and I'd never heard of her before. Now I own her entire backlist and I love them all. I probably never would have picked them up if we hadn't just talked for a while. Well, and the fact that she writes like a dream. That, too. Cuz all the chatting in the world won't help if you can't write.

I can make bookmarks until my printer explodes, but it's really about the personal connection. And the writing.

BTW, Danielle may or may not post the review on her blog, but she enjoyed the story though she found it a little lacking in depth. I'm ok with that. She's honest and I appreciate that.
4/06/2007 02:08:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 4 Comments

4 Comments:

I like Coffee Time's yahoo group. It's one of the few I still belong to. Karen is very sweet, and she asks a question of the day for authors that's always interesting.

By Blogger L.K. Campbell, at 5:09 PM  

Make sure you sign your bookmarks. People think twice about throwing them out when they're signed by a real, live author. ;-)

By Blogger Babe King, at 7:30 AM  

What a great idea. I love the book mark thing. I'll have to look into that.

By Blogger Danielle Marie Peck, at 11:14 AM  

Lucinda, I'm really enjoying CoffeeTime. Very casual, nice pace there.

Good idea, Babe! I'm constitutionally incapable of throwing away things that have been signed. Surely I'm not the only freak out there like that.

Danielle, I used MS Publisher because it's only program I know how to work from all my years of writing newsletters for squadron wives' clubs. I discovered bookmarks are 2"x7.25", squished my covers to fit and added a short blurb, plus websites.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich