Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Article in SPINETINGLER!

Saturday, March 31, 2007
Yes, indeed. Romance, not just for romance readers anymore.

Some time ago, I wrote an article about "Perceptions of Romance" for a friend of mine, Sandra Ruttan. Sandra, in addition to being the author of a newly published crime fiction novel -- SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES -- is also a kick-ass blogger and and editor for SPINETINGLER.

SPINETINGLER's March edition went live last night and my article is in it!

Also, I don't sound like an idiot!

I fiddled and fiddled with that article and finally sent it off to Sandra, praying I didn't sound like a complete bubble-headed moron, and I don't!

However, enough about me (ok, not really, but I *am* capable of focusing elsewhere for short periods of time). SPINETINGLER is amazing! There's a lot of really great short fiction -- the kind that curls your hair and gives you the most delicious heebie-jeebies -- as well as interviews with some great crime fiction authors and reviews of their books.

A highly recommended read. I plan to take my time and enjoy this magazine from e-cover to e-cover.
3/31/2007 09:13:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

Congratualtions on the articel. I'm going to read it right now!!

By Blogger Sasha White, at 2:33 PM  

What a fantastic article, Sela!! Very well written and informative.

By Blogger Sasha White, at 2:41 PM  

Thanks Sasha!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 3:25 PM  

Nice article. I'm glad to see it in Spinetingler. Too many romance authors write stuff like this for romance audiences, essentially preaching to the choir.

By Blogger Jaye Wells, at 9:06 AM  

As in the old Air Force song,
"My eyes are dim, I cannot see
I haven't brought my specs with me."

I can't find your article in Spinetingler.
If you have time, gimme a page number or a link.

I'm really interested in reading it.

Ivan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

It's near the end of the magazine, Ivan. Page 146, I believe.

Yes, Jaye. I don't think romance writers need to be convinced, really. It was nice to talk to a different audience for a change.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 3:13 PM  

Shouldn't be news to you, Sela, but you sure know how to write an essay.

Ivan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich