Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


I made it!!!

Sunday, March 18, 2007
YAY! I'm in the Celtic Anthology!!!

Of the three stories submitted -- we all made it in! (Yes, feel free to read that with your eyebrow quirked.)

However, Angie is not known for blowing smoke, so when she said they were all fabulous books and she loved them, I believe her!

Together, we come in just under 50K words, so we've been given the opportunity to expand our stories. For once, this is good news! I like HEART OF THE SEA, but there are things I'd like to fix and fiddle with. Yay! I'm so glad I get that opportunity. The deadline for the expanded stories is May 15.

Hmm. I wrote the whole thing in 10 days. And she's giving me two more months to play with it. Think I'll make it?

In any case, I'll be together with Carolan Ivey and Gia Dawn.

Yay US!!!
3/18/2007 10:06:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 19 Comments

19 Comments:

WOO HOO Sela! Good on ya, babe!

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 5:20 AM  

Good stuff!
Congratulation, Girl!

By Blogger Bernita, at 7:20 AM  

Fantastic, Sela! Congratulations!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

Way to go Sela! That's great news. Congrats honey!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:24 AM  

TEN days? How cool is that?

Congrats!!

By Blogger Jennifer Shirk, at 9:49 AM  

SO proud of you!! CONGRATS!!!

By Blogger Rhonda Helms, at 9:51 AM  

You'll make it - and congrats!!!

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 10:19 AM  

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

By Blogger Larissa Ione, at 12:15 PM  

Great!


Thought I'd send you some spam.

Novels expanded.

Complete literary service.

I am a firehose of words!

Heh

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

Congrats again, Sela! WTG!

By Blogger Two Voices Publishing , at 1:24 PM  

WOOOO!!! You go girl!! What a fantastic month you are having!

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:21 PM  

Congrats, Sela!

By Blogger Shelley Munro, at 4:34 PM  

Woot woot!

By Blogger Arin Rhys, at 5:09 PM  

Thank you thank you thank you ALL!!!

After reading some of my co-authors works, I think I can safely say that this entire anthology is going to RAWK!!

I'm taking the next couple of weeks to layer in more story. I took the ms to the gym with me today and highlighted several places that could do with a bit more page-time.

So now the real work begins!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 5:23 PM  

SQUEEEEEE!!! I'm so excited! I turned in WILDISH THINGS at 19k thinking it was too long, but now we get to add more story. Yay!!

By Blogger Carolan Ivey, at 7:56 PM  

19K?!? I felt bad turning in HEART OF THE SEA at 16,2! Somehow, I get the feeling that bumping up the word count isn't going to be that big of a problem for us. *gg*

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 8:14 PM  

Way congrats. This anthology will rock! Can't wait to read it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 PM  

Sela, that's brilliant, well done!

I think the things you write very fast are often the best, because it's all in there, fighting to get out, and the result is usually more flowing and coherent than stories that have taken months to write.

By Blogger Ansley Vaughan, at 2:44 PM  

[[ there are things I'd like to fix and fiddle with. Yay! I'm so glad I get that opportunity.]]

Me too, ME TOO!!! I'm so happy to have the extra time to tweak. I'm a hopeless tweaker - unless someone physically wrests the ms away from me, I'll fiddle with it until the kye come home. :D

I actually started WILDISH THINGS a couple years ago and the first 20 pages have been sitting on my hard drive waiting for a kick in the butt to finish it.

Can't wait to read yours and Gia's!

By Blogger Carolan Ivey, at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich