Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Sure enough. It's Wednesday.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007
I've never liked reading blog posts where the writer says, "But I have nothing to blog about!"

I have nothing to blog about. Seriously. I'm in a mood and it's not a good one.

Not that there's anything wrong, specifically, it's more a collection of picky nagging things that seem to be ganging up on me all at once.

One of my books isn't selling as well as I'd hoped and I can't get any buzz going on it at all. I've done chats. It's usually nothing but the other authors you're with and the same 3 or 4 people hoping to score a free book.

Reviewers seem to be avoiding it like the plague, so I can't even get any discussion going on it.

Oh wait. I take that back. Of the 4 people who have reviewed it, 3 have given it mediocre reviews. Two of them went so far as to pat me on the head and say, in essence, "Bless her heart, she can't help being a moron." That made even the nice things they said about it turn to acid.

Then I screwed up my wrist. This is going to put a serious crimp in my workouts since now I'll have to stick to cardio and leg strengthening, but can't do anything about upper-body work since it all involves pulling and lifting and I can't afford to damage my wrist any more than it already is. Not to mention that I probably shouldn't even be writing this blog post right now.

Speaking of writing, I haven't.

On a bright note, my e-mail has been seriously screwed up for the last couple of days and I've had to deal with the most annoying pop-up. But I just got it fixed! It took some effort, but I even got to talk to a real human being, too!

So there you go. I told you I didn't have anything to blog about.
4/04/2007 09:52:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 15 Comments

15 Comments:

Art extracts a terrible price.
Once I was promising and handsome.

Ogod.
Back to Victorian novels. I seem to have left a better looking pic of myself in the attic.

On balance, is that so bad?

Back in my crime-writing days, I was called "promising".

That'll kill you every time.

In a word, and in my opinion, it's hard to soar like an eagle

When you[re working with turkeys.

Ivan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

Maybe you could try doing some different promotional stuff like target a different audience or change up what you have been doing. Have you read the blog, Explosive PR Solutions? I have on the side bar on my blog, it might have some ideas for you.

Cheer up, chuck. :D

By Blogger Arin Rhys, at 8:03 PM  

arin rhys,

Wow. Support from an unexpected place.
The change.
It's already happened.
I veered over into theatre and next thing I know, I'm into film.

Thanks.

Ivan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

I have Explosive PR Solutions bookmarked, as well as a few other promo-teaching blogs.

I think I find myself paralyzed by choice. Do this, do that. Get these, go there. It's hard for me to step back and figure out what will really work for me with the time and money and sheer chutzpah I have available.

I will say I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday. Except for my wrist, which is still crap.

I'm beta-reading something that is really, really well done, so that's making me smile.

And I'm writing. I took a few minutes off to grab lunch and surf, but I'm headed back to it now.

Thanks for your help, Ivan and Arin!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 12:35 PM  

I'd offer some advice, but as it tends to be of the "go get 'em!" vapor inducing variety (I'm fresh out of smelling salts, BTW), I'll resist.

Hope you feel better about things soon.

By Blogger Bebe, at 9:15 PM  

Take a break and stir up some controversey for fun. Distraction will keep you from freaking out. Then get back to writing. One book at a time.

By Blogger FerfeLaBat, at 9:16 PM  

Hand to brow, Bebe!

Ferfe, I'll leave the sh*t-stirring to you. Looks like you, Selah and Eva have it all handled for now!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:42 PM  

Sela, give me a title to this unselling book and I'll go find a copy and tell you what I think of it. Not that my opinion matters a whole lot but I love reading new authors, not that you're new but you're new to me. :o)

By Blogger Danielle Marie Peck, at 12:00 AM  

Hey, I recently come into some money (I allowed the sleep doctors at my university to monitor my sleep for like 30 bucks) so if you want I can read your book and give it a review. My blog might not be the most happening place around, but I do post on my myspace and my livejournal so it might get some exposure if you should like.

Which is the one that you are having trouble with?

By Blogger Arin Rhys, at 2:30 AM  

Really?! Awwwwww. Y'all are gonna make me go all teary-eyed. And I don't have any water-proof mascara. :)

I'm afraid I'm having trouble with The Virgin Courtesan. Short story -- around 80 pages. I hope you like it!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:06 AM  

Okay, Sela, I've purchased the book and will read it this weekend and let you know what I think.

By Blogger Danielle Marie Peck, at 12:17 PM  

Thanks Danielle!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 12:36 PM  

Hey Sela, I tried to email you at the email address on your site but it bounced back as undeliverable. I'd like to email you my review of your book because I couldn't wait until this weekend to read it- it's already read :o)

email me at amoreauthor@yahoo.com and I'll email you my review.

By Blogger Danielle Marie Peck, at 1:59 PM  

I could threaten to sue you for something wretchedly awful that you revealed about one of my past lives. What do you think?

By Blogger Kristen Painter, at 2:28 PM  

Well, that would certainly provide some excitement!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich