Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Lisa Likes Me!

Thursday, November 30, 2006
A couple of days ago (sorry it took me so long to do this!), Lisa, a friend from eHarlequin blogged about NOT QUITE DEAD!

Here's the link to the post, but this is a snippet. If you read the post, I think she did a great job with the blurb, too.

I highly recommend you read this book. It's funny, charming and heart wrenching. And, it has a lovable evil foe to boot! Good friends, love, sharing. Sela- you nailed this one for me with your use of so many well defined emotions combined to create a wonderful love story not like any I've read, mainly because you only had a short number of pages to work within. I know I would have trouble getting it so tightly woven, and so full at the same time. I can't wait to get my hands on your next masterpiece.

How sweet is that? I blushed. I got all hot in the face and squirmy and everything. God, I love hearing that people enjoy my story!!

In other news -- it's flipping freezing here! Literally! Yesterday, the high was 71. It is 30 right now and only getting colder. And I have to go out, too. Better get that done before the roads freeze.
11/30/2006 10:37:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 7 Comments

7 Comments:

I've had a hard time admitting I'm published. I have the same reaction. I get all hot and squirmy and really uncomfortable. I'm so glad for you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

Hard time getting through today.

So nice when somebody writes apposite and readable blurbs.

A few years ago, I felt insecure and wrote some of my own blurbs, generouly peppering the duscover with "genius", "original" and all that. Hah.
Felt like a fraud (and I was) until I discovered that Mr. Updike had been doing the same thing for years.
But who better than Mr. Updike could describe his genius works better?
Hell. Hire the best,
LOL

By Blogger ivan, at 7:52 PM  

blushing! Gee, thanks Sela for the gush. And thanks for linking me to you! er... make that your site. lol I'm happy I could do this for ya, but now I think I'll have a few others to blog about now that I've got my feet wet with yours.

Btw- bunnies? Hmmm, this next one will take some inventive mind work for me too, if I blog it!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

That last comment sounded soooo much like someone who has been living in SC recently I cracked up! Enjoy the cool weather. It has to better than the humidity we're having here!!

By Blogger April, at 12:01 AM  

Thanks, S Will! It was another great feeling.

Jen, I thought that squirmy feeling might wear off, but sometimes it catches me off guard!

LOL at John Updike, Ivan! I don't think I'm quite ballsy enough to do that so, "I must rely on the kindness of strangers." And really great friends. *gg*

Lisa, I think it's a great idea! I occasionally blog about what I read. Sometimes just to fill space, but sometimes it's really fun to tell people about something I've enjoyed!

April! It's not cool here -- it's freezing! There's snow on the ground and ice underneath, so I'm staying home. It's been years since I've had to drive regularly on such roads and it's going to take some getting used to again. Enjoy your warm winter!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:19 AM  

It's always good to hear what others think especially when the feedback is this heart-warming.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

Sela, I just read your comment on my blog and yes, I've been to Romance Diva's. I don't visit there as much as I do EHarl but I have gotten some good info there. Thanks for the suggestion and have a wonderful weekend.

By Blogger Danielle Marie Peck, at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich