Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


A Home Of My Own

Monday, November 06, 2006
Whew! Back again!

Well, we're finally in the house. We don't have furniture, but that's a really long rant and since it happened days ago, I'm out of steam on it. Merely waiting with whipped dog patience for the Army -- in their wisdom -- to get off their butts and deliver my goods. *sigh*

We moved in on Nov 1. The moving company was ready to come anytime. But the Army? They said, "Naaaaaah. Wait a week." grrrr. All right. I have to stop now. I get *agita* every time I think about it and it's way too early in the morning for heartburn.

The upshot is that I'll get my stuff on Wednesday.

In the meantime, we've been making do, sleeping on airbeds. I had rudimentary cooking tools already and I still need to restock my pantry. It's hard for me to plan meals without all my stuff on hand.

My mom arrives on Tuesday.

My mom is great. She's Organized. Not like me. I am Chaos Incarnate. Where I go, I leave a whirlwind of destruction behind me. So she volunteered to come down for 10 days and help me unpack, which is fantastic. By the time she goes home, it'll look like people actually live here. If it was just me, we'd be in boxes for weeks.

No writing has occurred, I can tell you that. Not for over a month, if not more. Bits and pieces here and there, sure, but nothing like a concentrated effort. I really don't know what's going on with that. I do still want to write, but it's more like finishing an assignment than any burning desire right now. I want that to change. Truly. I want to get back to being absorbed by my ideas, pushing myself to use my skills. Right now, though, I just want a real bed. And a house that feels like mine.

November is booked solid, I can tell you that. Appointments, movers, my anniversary is on Saturday (12 years), mom's here, then we get a week off before going up to my SIL's for Thanksgiving. I get tired just thinking of it all.

Monkey Boy turned 6 last week! We took him to Chuck E. Cheese's, which is like crack for little kids. Ohmigod. He was so cute! So now I don't really have any little kids anymore. He's one of the older kids in Kindergarten because of his birthday and he's so tall! The Monkey Princess is definitely acting like a 9 year old girl. It's so odd, watching them grow up. Thankfully, MB still cuddles. The MP won't even let me hold her hand in public anymore, but I still sneak it in.

Time to get everyone ready for the day. Carpet cleaners are coming this morning. Not sure when I'll be able to blog next. I have lots of books to talk about, so SW, be prepared to spend some time at Amazon!

PS: Is anyone else having a hard time getting into Romance Divas? The site won't load and I was wondering if it was just me.
11/06/2006 09:16:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 6 Comments

6 Comments:

Sela, I couldn't even THINK about writing if I had all that going on! You're a brave woman. Glad your mom's coming to your rescue -- Yay, Mom!

Hope you get to take a breather soon.

(BTW, I haven't had any trouble with RD today.)

By Blogger Robin L. Rotham, at 2:14 PM  

I found The Giver at a UBS recently and picked it up, but I haven't read it yet. I think it got packed. Won a Newberry Award, didn't it?

Robin, my brain is fragmented. But since it almost always feels that way, I couldn't tell if it was normal fragmented or more-than-normal. I'll concede more-than-normal and worry about writing after Thanksgiving.

Kristen teased me about the Sela-blocker they installed and I was worried she might be right! Turns out I had to adjust some settings first. I'm back in now!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 4:02 PM  

Safe and sound.

By Blogger ivan, at 3:04 AM  

Ah Girl, don't worry.
Your priority right now is getting settled.

By Blogger Bernita, at 10:04 AM  

Sound as a cracked egg, as usual, Ivan!

Can't wait to unpack it now, S Will!

Thanks, Bernita. I have a hard time prioritizing sometimes.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:26 AM  

YaY! Glad you're in, babe.

By Blogger Anna Louise Lucia, at 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich