Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Half and Half

Monday, November 13, 2006
The first half of yesterday was loads of fun. We went up in the Arch, it was a beautiful, sunny day, so we could see waaaaaaay out into Illinois on one side (yuck) and waaaaay far out over St Louis on the other. Man, this town has a lot of steeples. Then we went down to the Museum of Westward Expansion which had a lot about Lewis and Clark's journey. I'd been to the Oregon Trail Museum in Baker, OR before, which is more or less the other end of the trip. This was pretty cool, though. Lots about how the Native Americans got shafted, which was sobering.

Got home, almost everyone took a nap or relaxed for a while. I got my good china unpacked and none of it broke! Woohoo! I would have been pretty upset because it's a discontinued pattern.



But then my day started to suck. I went to the grocery store and someone lifted my wallet. I was so mad! At myself, mostly. Like a twit, I left my purse at home and just took my wallet. I think it may have fallen out of my cart, actually. But no one turned it in, so either way, it was stolen. *sigh* I've already cancelled my cards, but I have to deal with getting everything else reported and replaced. What a pain. And it had started out as such a lovely day.

In other news, I know of someone else reading and enjoying NOT QUITE DEAD. That makes me feel better.
11/13/2006 08:46:00 AM : : Sela Carsen : : 11 Comments

11 Comments:

I'm planning to take a copy of NQD with me on holiday next weekend, Sela.

Your china is beautiful! I don't have a 'good china' set. Perhaps when the kids are older. Or when we actually...entertain ;)

By Blogger Dayna_Hart, at 9:48 AM  

Thanks, Dayna! Hope you enjoy it!

And I waited for YEARS before I bought "good" china. We were in England, and knew we only had a couple of moves left with the military when we decided to go ahead and get it.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 9:53 AM  

Beautiful pattern!

Happy to hear you had a great anniversary. And sorry about your card. That sucks.

Get writing. :) (A gentle prod...)

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 10:52 AM  

I'm with Dayna -- having beautiful china that I love while the kids are still young would just be setting myself up for heart-break and a potential murder conviction.

If you ever break a piece, e-Bay might be your salvation.

I feel your pain about the wallet. I do the same thing, just put my keys in my jeans pocket and my wallet in the cart. I've left the wallet in Wal-Mart's parking lot THREE TIMES and been fortunate enough to always have it returned with the cash still in it, but there's a first time for everything.

Hope the rest of your week goes better!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 PM  

Ugh. Well, I put a stop on the few checks I had in there, then called the SC DMV for advice on my driver's license. It looks like I'm going to have to take the entire bloody driver's test here in MO because I can't get a replacement from SC without my driver's license number.
Which is on my driver's license.
Which I don't have.
Because some jackass stole it.
Argh.
But now I have a bunch of clothes in my closet instead of in boxes and my mom is taking me out to lunch. Cuz I ain't got no money. Cuz some jackass stole my wallet.
Wait. Haven't I said that already? Sounds like I need a new song to sing.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 2:02 PM  

Maybe conscience will yet strike the sad sack who took your wallet, and he'll mail it to you, sans the cash.
There's an outside chance your SC driver's licence number may be at your bank or in stores where you'd bought stuff. You can maybe phone Charleston too and ask for the number. Taking your driver's test all over again is like me dealing with the House of Anansi Press here. Thirty years of frustration and one crummy award.
Better to go back where you'd first gotten your licence and tell them you still live there?

Ah well. I once used to be a poet.
Poets come accompanied by lyer.

By Blogger ivan, at 6:03 PM  

Ugh. Sorry about the wallet. What a hassle.

By Blogger Babe King, at 3:37 AM  

I love blue and white china.

By Blogger Bernita, at 9:29 AM  

Ivan, SC is a law unto itself. These are the folks who had a big fight over keeping the Confederate flag flying over the state capitol.

Thanks, Babe. I've done what I can, I'll keep an eye on my accounts. Now I have to buy a new wallet. I hate buying new wallets. They take forever to break in properly.

Thanks, Bernita. I like my china. It's a bright, cheerful pattern and it makes me smile every time I see it.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 10:01 AM  

Totally sucks about your wallet.

Great about the china, though.

By Blogger Sandra Ruttan, at 3:37 PM  

So sorry about the wallet, Sela! I've had that happen. P.I.T.A.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich