Wild Wild Western Bride
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,878 / 90,000
(3.2%)
Links

Archives


Dreams and Desires

Tuesday, November 21, 2006
I'm going to be in print!!!!

The lovely people at Freya's Bower are putting together a charity anthology called DREAMS AND DESIRES to be released on February 1, 2007. It will be available as an e-book, in trade paper and in hardback.

Best of all? It's for charity. That's right. I'm not getting one red cent off of this -- and I couldn't be happier!! You know why? Because it's all going to a battered women's shelter. All the net proceeds will go to a specific shelter to help the women and children who are protected there. No, I don't know which one, but I'm pleased to be able to help folks who need it.

A perfect gift for Valentines Day, too! You get to read great stories and help other people at the same time!

Did I mention great stories? In addition to moi, you'll find entries from Sasha White, Susan Lyons, Gemma Halliday, Lois Winston, Candace Havens, Richelle Mead, Jackie Kessler, Jenna Bayley-Burke, Emily Veinglory, Amanda Brice, Rhonda Stapleton and many more.

The book, which should end up at about 80K words total, is classified as erotica, but there will be plenty of sweet stories in there, too, including mine. There should be something for every taste!

My story is a flash fiction called THE CHRISTMAS PRIZE. Julie Corrigan is ready to put her past behind her with a courageous step into the spotlight, but should she falter, Mark Kincaid will be there with a supportive, loving hand.

My very first print fiction credit! Woohoo!!!
11/21/2006 02:03:00 PM : : Sela Carsen : : 16 Comments

16 Comments:

Congratulations, Sela -- what a wonderful development! I look forward to reading it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:37 PM  

Heartfelt congratulations.
You needed a lift, and you got it.
Way to go!

By Blogger ivan, at 2:44 PM  

Man I wish I could have been in on that one. That's a cause close to my heart. Bravo for you and them for doing something so wonderful.

By Blogger Eva Gale, at 3:07 PM  

Yay, Sela! WooT!!

By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 9:15 PM  

Hey, congrats Sela! Excellent news.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

What an awesome idea.
I'll be sure to pick that one up.
;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:01 PM  

Woo Hoo, Sela :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM  

I'm excited to be in the anthology - I look forward to reading your story, Sela! :D

(ps - thanks for mentioning me!)

By Blogger Rhonda Helms, at 10:47 AM  

WOO HOO!!!

Congrats, Sela! :-)

By Blogger s.w. vaughn, at 2:50 PM  

It's going to be a great book! I'm hoping to have my copy signed by a bunch of the authors at RT. Will you be going to RT in Housten?

I decided to do RT instead of RWA this year.

By Blogger Sasha White, at 3:04 PM  

I haven't fully decided, Sasha. I'm still leaning toward RWA, but RT looks sooo good!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! As I sid, I'm honored to be a part of such a great collection and for such a great cause.

It's slowly dawning on me that this is actually a Pretty Big Deal!

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 3:32 PM  

Yepper.
I recall when my first personal essay was printed in local Globe &
Mail newspaper.
I was convinced it was Hollywood.

"If you want to think that way, I'm glad," said editor Moira Dann.

Whoopeee!

By Blogger ivan, at 9:36 PM  

That's awesome! Congrats Sela!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

I think I forgot to mention how happy I am for you on eharl. WOWZA woman! You're on fire for Christmas. Congradulations hon.

Lisa

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

I know! Pretty cool to see it up on a big website like that!

Thanks again, everyone. I'll keep you all updated as I learn more.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 4:48 PM  

No worries, S Will! I need to put up a few more links anyway.

By Blogger Sela Carsen, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

 
Welcome to selacarsen.com
Copyright © Sela Carsen
Website Design by Haven Rich